Burnt Offerings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burnt Offerings

General Discussion and News Relating to Burnt Offerings.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gear solutions!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Darquenezz

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2006-10-14

Gear solutions! Empty
PostSubject: Gear solutions!   Gear solutions! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 2:24 am

Ok, a lot of the requests Darq/my higher-level alts get is for runs of dungeons.

And for most of the time, it is because someone wants an item/drop.

Since a lot of the game, in it's second view, is based around getting the best gear you can, I think I should mention three VERY good choices:

1st - use WoW's own Armory to find upgrades for yourself. The main armory page is here:

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/index.xml

Type in a search for your characters name, and then look for your name on our server.

After that, hover the cursor over any piece of your gear that is equipped. This will bring up a page of upgrades available, and where they come from (drop, crafted, boss drop, quest reward, etc.) The higher up YOUR item is, the better it is.

***Do not do this at every level!!! I would suggest at the 10s, or - at most - the 5s (ex - 10/20/30, etc. or 10/15/20/25, etc.)

Enchants & armor kits help a lot, as do some kinds of consumables. MANY greens are actually better than blues available!!!

My second piece of advice is to ask guildies if it is something craftable. Be willing to either farm or help out with mats as much as possible - for example, if it is for a leather item, then be willing to go help farm the kills, or grab what you can from the AH.

Finally, if you have not already done so, download, install, and use Auctioneer. Here is the link for the .exe file location - you do not need to unzip, extract, or do anything special.

http://auctioneeraddon.com/dl/

Auctioneer pack has SOOOO many useful features - it can help you find deals, make money, know how much items are worth (like which quest reward will sell for the most, if you don't want any of them), how items stack, etc.

I hope these help. Between my alts, almost all my professions - for everything except JC - are close to or over 300. If you need help with gear, use these, and then check player info in the guild notes in game to see who can help.

Last, be ready to help others in the same way, as your professions improve!

Love,

~Darq~
Back to top Go down

Gear solutions!
Page 1 of 1