Burnt Offerings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burnt Offerings

General Discussion and News Relating to Burnt Offerings.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Corrupted WOW

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Keriwen

Keriwen

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2006-08-31

Corrupted WOW Empty
PostSubject: Corrupted WOW   Corrupted WOW Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 11:31 pm

Okay so, just as I'm getting into the leveling groove with Keri..I get some funky error message. Evidently, my WoW has a corrupted file and I've tried to fix it..my last resort is to uninstall and reinstall the game. Those of you who know my connection, knows this will take a long time. Weeks likely, unless we find somewhere with a faster connection to hook it up and do it. Anyways, just wanted to tell y'all why I was scarce..again. Very Happy Hope all is well!

Keri
Back to top Go down
Plumbob

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2006-10-12

Corrupted WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrupted WOW   Corrupted WOW Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 3:29 am

You are so high maintenance Smile

If you have a portable drive just install WoW there and you can play on the go
Back to top Go down
Darquenezz

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2006-10-14

Corrupted WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrupted WOW   Corrupted WOW Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 2:09 am

inside your WoW main folder, there is a tool called 'Repair' - it does a cross-check against your files, and will fix broken ones

the only downside to using this tool is that it removes all addons, and resets all settings to 'normal' -

Depending on how many addons you have, this may or may not be a workable answer. Or, you could always try copying your addons folder to your desktop, doing the repair, and then pasting it back in/over after it is done -

~Darq~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Corrupted WOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corrupted WOW   Corrupted WOW Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corrupted WOW
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Burnt Offerings :: General Player-to-Player Discussion-
Jump to: