Burnt Offerings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burnt Offerings

General Discussion and News Relating to Burnt Offerings.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just a word...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Adelin

Adelin

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-04-13

Just a word... Empty
PostSubject: Just a word...   Just a word... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 6:39 am

First off, for those who don't know me... I'm Adelin, a.k.a Kristen.
I started Burnt Offerings and then handed it off to the wonderful Keriwen, as life started to get chaotic for me.
Anyway, I just started playing again and I just wanted to pop in here and say a couple things!

This is the ONLY game I have ever played (okay... I AM addicted to Tetris!).... I'm kind of a gamer retard... I don't know much about anything unless it's inside azeroth... and well... not really all that much then either. I started my first guild at level 30 and we were the largest and longest going all Druid guild around. Nature's Grace. Some of the members in BtO are some of the original guild signers from NG. At one point we were up to about 80 Druids, all active. I would get whispers from people saying "are you the guild that actually helps it's members? Can I join?" all the time... word got out! We were just that kind of guild. (I have a point to all this jabber, just bear with me...)
Of course, all good things must come to an end, and one of my very close officers eventually decided to spread disease and took half of the guild to start her own while I was on a 2 week vacation. Half of those people came back after a week, and after discovering the truth.

It's not easy running a guild! You are trying to mix all different kinds of people who may never decide to be friends other wise, except they have the one thing in common,wanting to have a good time, with good company, while gaming.

I was really worried about Burnt Offerings after I handed it over, and I honestly figured that it wouldn't be here when I got back... Well to be honest I only started the guild because I needed something to do and didn't like anyone elses guilds, none of them were run like I was used to! I never imagined it to be a big guild with lots of good members. (I'm getting to the point)

So the point is (I'M BACK!!) and I'd really like to thank Keri for doing a good job with Burnt Offerings. She of course is going to remain as GM, even though she has offered it back to me. Her response to me leaving her the guild was something like "um..I...well...uh.." But she has adapted beautifully and I think she deserves a ton of credit for making this guild into a happy little WoW family. A lot of people were really concerned when I left, but I'm very proud of everyone sticking it out and making the guild work! Good job!

Okay, I'm done now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/k_lind
Keriwen

Keriwen

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2006-08-31

Just a word... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a word...   Just a word... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 12:51 am

First off, I want to thank Adelin for her kind (if lengthy ::wink wink:Smile) words. Very Happy

It's true, when she wanted to hand off GM responsiblity to me, I was scared shitless. I'd never ran a damn thing on a game, I'm about as game retarded as she is. Very Happy So.. you can imagine my surprise when things actually starting going well! Sure, we've lost players, gained players and lost 'em again.. I've cleaned house and knocked our numbers from 100 back down to 50something, but honestly..my goal isn't for a huge guild, it's for a guild who knows one another, helps and gets along. Like a close little WoW Family! Again, I thank Adelin for the post..it's always nice to hear the good things.. And I personally wanted to extend thanks to the members for sticking things out with me, through good and bad. Very Happy

Keri
Back to top Go down

Just a word...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Burnt Offerings :: Guild Announcements and News-
Jump to: