Burnt Offerings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burnt Offerings

General Discussion and News Relating to Burnt Offerings.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mandatory MOD

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Keriwen

Keriwen

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2006-08-31

Mandatory MOD Empty
PostSubject: Mandatory MOD   Mandatory MOD Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2007 7:57 pm

Alright, first let me say..this first mod is mandatory to make the guild alliance with Shadow Elites possible and TEN TIMES EASIER. Very Happy

Please visit ui.worldofwar.net and search for the Guild Alliance Mod, download this into your WoW Addon's folder, which can be found hidden inside the Interface folder of WoW. After that, it requires nothing. Restart Wow and log in..now, you'll find an additional tab beneath the tab where you look at friends, whois, guild and raid. This one will say Alliance. You simply click that up..and under SETUP type the channel " Grandalliance" No password, you'll have to retype this each time you log in.

But everyone in BtO that has this and everyone in SE can converse via /g to everyone. Like a big ass guildchat for both guilds, you'll also be able to see who in their guild is on..what levels..so forth. It'll be awesome for us to use, but to make it successful..everyone must have it.

The next mod, which isn't mandatory but a great idea to have is found at the same site. Search up " Duckiebank" And download it. This will let you see what is in the guildbank! Very Happy A moneybag will appear and I'll log into Gholdy a few times each day to upload..you simply use the moneybag to see what all she has..and there is also a feature to request items..It's read only, but Gholdy will recieve the requests and I can distrubute that way. It's also great to have!

Keri
Back to top Go down
Taglanthas

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2006-10-31

Mandatory MOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mandatory MOD   Mandatory MOD Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 10:34 am

Hmmm . . .

. . . I Really dislike addons of any type or manner. But mandatory is mandatory, just a couple of questions to those that use and know addons more than I do.

Does this mean that before each patch (which is tough as they do not announce when they aredoing patches) will I have to back out the addon - wait for word that the addon has been modified to work with new patch and then redownload - reactivate the addon?
Back to top Go down
Keriwen

Keriwen

Mandatory MOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mandatory MOD   Mandatory MOD Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 1:11 pm

Nope. I've never done anything with my addons before a patch or after. Only once, did a patch make Auctioneer not work..which was fine because auctioneer people released another version. For those who download this, I'll keep you updated after each patch..with where or not there is a new version to download. I understand you don't like addons, Tag. And if you are really against this..then I reckon you don't -have- to download it. However, it doesn't do anything to enhance actual game play..just makes it possible to talk through an easy guild-chat with our allied guild. Smile
Back to top Go down
Plumbob

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2006-10-12

Mandatory MOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mandatory MOD   Mandatory MOD Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 1:45 pm

With Addons most of the time you can still load them even if it says they are outdated. Once in a while something goes funky but you can disable that addon and it all works.

BTW if you are all sick of gold farmers download SpamSentry. Blocks the whispers and if you feel like it you can file a ticket on the spammers with just one click.
Back to top Go down
Taglanthas

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2006-10-31

Mandatory MOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mandatory MOD   Mandatory MOD Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 1:54 pm

Thanks folk for the information.

Thanks for making it an option for me, Keri, I just said I did not like them not that I was dead set against them Cool . I do not like cell phones and blackberries and MP3 players and such but have a 'cell phone' in my car in the form of my onstar service. Even I get forced or inticed into modern 'gadgets' as time goes on Wink

I will put in the Guild Alliance mod this evening. And if all goes well with that (read this that my system continues to operate as normal and does not melt down due to the presence of a dreaded 'addon' Smile ), then I may install 'Duckiebank' (man they need a different name for this one Rolling Eyes ) as that sounds usefull too.
Back to top Go down
Keriwen

Keriwen

Mandatory MOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mandatory MOD   Mandatory MOD Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 10:15 pm

You're too kind, Tag. I'd make an exception for anyone dead set against them. Very Happy I figure with these two mods, it'll make guild things easier. Both for communication and requesting items from the bank to get rid of them. Somethings end up sitting in her bags for..a long ass time. Very Happy Hope all is well!
Back to top Go down
Plumbob

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2006-10-12

Mandatory MOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mandatory MOD   Mandatory MOD Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2007 3:27 pm

The other night we had a couple of people from the other guild in our chat and it was a blast. I would definitely recommend doing it; if your system will allow it of course Smile
Back to top Go down
Keriwen

Keriwen

Mandatory MOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mandatory MOD   Mandatory MOD Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 4:21 pm

Awesome! See, I told y'all it worked! And it's great when we can guildchat with them, it's a blast! Very Happy Thanks Gnomo!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mandatory MOD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mandatory MOD   Mandatory MOD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mandatory MOD
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Burnt Offerings :: General Guild Discussion-
Jump to: