Burnt Offerings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burnt Offerings

General Discussion and News Relating to Burnt Offerings.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Issues

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Keriwen

Keriwen

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2006-08-31

Issues Empty
PostSubject: Issues   Issues Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 12:44 am

Alright, you all know I -hate- these kinds of posts! Mad I hate having to type up a bitchy post, because I hate the negative of it all. So let's just take this in stride and what I say to heart. Rolling Eyes

I am aware, we all pay to play this game. As you will notice, I say this all the time. scratch Wonder why? Because it's true! Each month we buy a gamecard (or pay with a creditcard), so when we get online..we don't want to deal with a bunch of excess stuff. However, there are people in this guild who have been there for the long haul. For the quiet times, to the times now when we have uber amounts of active members. This is what it's all about, sticking things through..even when the end seems dark. Smile

However, it's been brought to my attention (through members quitting the guild), that there have been some issues. Perhaps something my officers handle. Now, I put a lot of trust in my officers..to take care of things in my absence. And you all do a wonderful job. My beef however, is this.. If something happens, someone complains..even if it's the smallest complaint and you've already taken care of it. Please..PLEASE let me know. Send me an ingame mail, or a mail on the boards. Just brief me on what happened and what resolved it. This helps for future issues, when people go.." Well I told Plum.." And I'm going.." Well, I have no idea what you're talking about." I'm just using Plum for example, not to say that has happened. I love you

All I want to say is..and even for members who have an issue. Please, tell me. Let me know. I've put a lot of hard work into this guild, into keeping it going.. (as have the members), I've done a lot of helping and I care about each of you..like a small family! I want to know when you have an issue with someone, I want to know when you need help. I want to know these things because..I cannot help people, or resolve issues..if no one tells me. For those who leave, without letting me know things. Good Riddance. I don't say this to be a bitch, or to sound cranky. I say this because..I put a lot of work into this guild and I'd hope my members would have enough trust in me..to trust that I'll work out the issue. Let's to an example, and this is NOT real.

Let's say Daszunes had an issue with Plumbob. Plumbob is driving him nuts, treating him bad, talking negative to him. And Daszunes tells an officer, but right after telling an officer..he quits the guild. Well, that leaves an officer with a problem reported but no real reason to do anything..because Daszunes has left the guild and Plumbob is still around, carrying on with his business.

It hurts me, that people don't have enough confidence in my abilities to smooth things over and resolve issues. pale Give me time, give me time to get all the information..to get both sides of the story, to come to a resolution before you just up and leave in a huff. All the members mean a lot to me, new ones..old ones, veterans! But I will not stand for people making others uncomfortable or upset. We all are adults, we know how to watch our P's and Q's. We also know how to keep our mouths shut, when we have nothing nice to say. Smile So I ask, if you have an issue..tell me. I'd rather hear the same issue 10 times, then never. If an officer gets to deal with an issue, or gets a complaint tell me. Don't assume someone else already is, because chances are..they haven't. I'd rather hear it 10 times, then never. Smile

Also, this is a game..it's so easy to take people the wrong way. what you percieve as a rude comment, maybe wasn't made to be rude at all. Please understand, its so easy to take people the wrong way and get offensive. Your best bet, is to send them a tell and ask them to clarify their meaning, or tell them you've been offended. People don't learn from silent stewing. Smile On a second note, there will be an officers meeting in the next weeks. It will be mandatory, so I urge all of my officers to contact me..to tell me what days and times they are available. I have never made a mandatory meeting of officers, but if an officer doesn't come..I'll look at possible demotion. Its an important meeting and doesn't happen often. I too am working now, so we all have work schedules to work around..we may even do two meetings..to make sure everyone can at least hit one. Smile So let me know, what times you all are available. Have a great day and merry gaming!!

Keri
Back to top Go down
Plumbob

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2006-10-12

Issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issues   Issues Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 2:28 pm

Keri, it is not a bitchy post. It is a reality check post. I wanted to add to your comments on telling officers. Give it some time to get the message through to he toher officers. If any member has a complaint at 2:00 pm server time don't expect a resolution by three or four just because we all have weird playing hours. and our officers have a pretty spread out play time.

I want to agree with Keri and "Good Riddance" for people who just get angry and quit. If someone offends you tell them first because there is a 99% chance they are not aware that someone is gettign offended. If the person persist on the offensive behavior then definitely tell an officer. If it is an officer that is being a pain then tell another officer or go directly to Keri.

A correction: Not everyone in the guild is an adult; please be mindful of that with comments. suggestions, game dating/marriage, cybering, stalking, annoying,furries or whatever other "stuff" comes accross your minds. And always remember the WoW rules that apply to these things.

I really think we have a great guild and a great group of people. Let's keep communitcation flowing freely.

Something else I have noticed, if you are trying to get a guildy to talk to you in chat with a question or request please look under the guild memeber tab to make sure they are not running in an instance because it is very hard to answer and stay alive. Possible exception might be a 60+ running through the deadmines Smile Also if someone feels anti social for that day, and we all do from time to time, just type /DND = Do Not Disturb.

Now don't forget the most important thing. Go have fun!!!
Back to top Go down

Issues
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Burnt Offerings :: Guild Announcements and News-
Jump to: