Burnt Offerings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burnt Offerings

General Discussion and News Relating to Burnt Offerings.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

how to 'ghost travel' -

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Darquenezz

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2006-10-14

how to 'ghost travel' - Empty
PostSubject: how to 'ghost travel' -   how to 'ghost travel' - Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 2:10 am

I don't know if/when Bliz will fix this, but here it is -

Once in the game, long ago, when you died, you could go to another GY/spirit healer and rez there.

But people found that they could, at low levels, go lots of places (Even crossing continents, using zepp or boat!), getting FPs and map-explore exp tototoooooooo easy, so blizz stopped it. Now, when you diie, you 1) have to rez at the GY you were sent to, or 2) go back to corpse.

Right?

Well, not really, really -

There is a trick Very Happy

And I will share -

It is called 'ghost walk,' and here is how you do:

Start traveling to the zone you you want to end up in.

When you die, don’t resurrect. Just keep heading for your destination as a ghost.

When you get to your destination, find a nearby Spirit Healer, but don’t resurrect yet!

Log out to character select. Log right back in.

Now you can resurrect!

This is great for NE to get to IF/SW, through high-level zones, hunters wanting other-faction pets, flight paths, etc.
Back to top Go down
Drelgan

Drelgan

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-04-21

PostSubject: Re: how to 'ghost travel' -   how to 'ghost travel' - Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 4:01 am

On my alliance hunter alt i wanted the lynx's found in the bloodelf starting area and on my way there i died in Arathi.(i was only lvl 10)

When i died i didnt rez ,instead i walked all the way into ghostlands and rezzed there at the spirit healer and it worked and this would have only been a few months ago so i dont know if it still works but it was an easy way to get a rare pet for early alliance Hunters.
Back to top Go down
Darquenezz

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2006-10-14

PostSubject: Re: how to 'ghost travel' -   how to 'ghost travel' - Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 5:06 am

hihi, Drel - welcome to the forums!!!

I understand it used to be unlimited, back at the start of the game.

But many people thought it was unfair/exploit, so they changed the coding.

My understanding is that if you travel between continents, it works fine still.

But if you are on same continent, and do NOT log out and back in first,

then you are sent back close to where you died

I have a troll Huntress on Horde side. I really, really wanted several pets (but we can really only have 2).

I may try just rollin a 'test' character on another server, to test the ghost walk, and the IF airport (so guess it need to be Alli hunter/huntress)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how to 'ghost travel' -   how to 'ghost travel' - Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how to 'ghost travel' -
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Burnt Offerings :: General Player-to-Player Discussion-
Jump to: