Burnt Offerings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burnt Offerings

General Discussion and News Relating to Burnt Offerings.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Advice for advancing Hunters

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Taglanthas

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2006-10-31

Advice for advancing Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Advice for advancing Hunters   Advice for advancing Hunters Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 9:53 am

Do not do like I did and concentrate 100% on agility on the way up.

We also need Stamina (for greater health for when things go south) and Inteligence (to up our mana pool for those really long boss fights) and attack power to up our damage meter results and live up to our DPS expectations.

The down side is you do not get to see a whole lot of equipment with more than one stat on them until well past 60 in most cases. But still be on the look out for it and do not hesitate to get a piece with really good stamina or intelligence and no agility at all. It seems the really good Mail pieces with these stats are pretty hard to come by . . .

Agility is great for us Hunters but we also need stamina, intelligence and attack power for the level 70 stuff it seems.
Back to top Go down
Plumbob

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2006-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Advice for advancing Hunters   Advice for advancing Hunters Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 1:10 pm

Tag speaks the truth Smile

Tag, have you ever worn leather instead of mail or cloth intead of leather (below 40) just because the stats were that good?
Back to top Go down
Taglanthas

PostSubject: Re: Advice for advancing Hunters   Advice for advancing Hunters Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 2:51 pm

Have been in Mail ever since 40 and have not found any Leather that would pull me away from this and have not even looked at cloth for armor.

I currently look for Mail with stats I want - in order of current priority - Agility, Attack Power, Stamina and Intelligence. Would like to keep the agility I have with current my current armor pieces and augment or increase that with more of the rest I am looking for.
Back to top Go down
Plumbob

PostSubject: Re: Advice for advancing Hunters   Advice for advancing Hunters Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 6:08 pm

I found useful leather in the 40s. Have the same issue with my pally warrior, blue mail gear in early 40s had better stats that the beginning plate.
Back to top Go down
Taglanthas

PostSubject: Re: Advice for advancing Hunters   Advice for advancing Hunters Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 1:44 pm

Throw Shaman into that mix too.

All my folk that got new armor type at 40 had a full set of that type - with the best stats I could find - ready for them when they turned 40. Each has upgraded along the way and stayed with the better armor type. I tend to be a purist in this area. Best armor possible with the best stats I can find when I want to upgrade a piece.

Before 58 you are getting new stuff so fast it is useless to worry too much about a specific stat on a specific piece of gear as it will be upgraded with a couple of levels. After 58 the stuff you get just from drops and quests in Outlands will quickly obsolete anything you acquired - including Purples from what I hear in Azeroth.
Back to top Go down
Plumbob

PostSubject: Re: Advice for advancing Hunters   Advice for advancing Hunters Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 2:50 pm

Yeah, purples pre-BC become useless. You hit a key point.. you plan Smile
My idea of planning is for lowbies when i get to a point where someting needs to be upgraded I go to AH and find the best stats for that toon regardless of type. rofl
Back to top Go down
Taglanthas

PostSubject: Re: Advice for advancing Hunters   Advice for advancing Hunters Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 8:19 am

Hopefully the same will happen with the upcoming Wrath of the Lich King expansion.

Purples and blues in Burning Crusade will become quickly replaced with stuff you get going to 80. That would put my characters back on par with the vast majority of characters making that run from 70 to 80 and the start of the level 80 instances.

I am mightily looking forward to that - but in the mean time I advance in Burning Crusades.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice for advancing Hunters   Advice for advancing Hunters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advice for advancing Hunters
Page 1 of 1