Burnt Offerings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burnt Offerings

General Discussion and News Relating to Burnt Offerings.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paladins in Instances/raids

Go down 
+2
Corr
Drelgan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Drelgan

Drelgan

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-04-21

Paladins in Instances/raids Empty
PostSubject: Paladins in Instances/raids   Paladins in Instances/raids Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 7:37 am

Do you guys find that a Ret Pally is sought after for DPS in raids or Pally tanks can do a great job holding aggro?

I have no experiance in end game raids,which i hoping to change with my Pally(Imharil) and i was just wondering what your opinions are of pallys in Raids.
Back to top Go down
Corr

Corr

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Paladins in Instances/raids   Paladins in Instances/raids Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 4:01 pm

Yes, we take a tankadin to TK and SSC (25 man raids). And we usually have one along for ZA and Kara, too, although not always. There are a few bosses (like one in ZA), that we specifically want a tankadin for, so they're certainly not looked down upon. There are ups and downs for every tank class, but pallys aren't without their 'ups'. I think you'll do just fine trying to work Im into raiding. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Disaresta

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2006-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Paladins in Instances/raids   Paladins in Instances/raids Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 3:25 am

Tankadins are great at holding aggro on multiple targets, and they usually build a lot of threat quickly. Some even prefer pally tanks to warriors
Back to top Go down
Taglanthas

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2006-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Paladins in Instances/raids   Paladins in Instances/raids Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 8:57 am

I am a firm believer that it is not what spec you are playing but how you play the spec you have that makes all the difference in the world.

Gear and spec can make things easier or harder but in the end it is the person behind the screen and what kind of player they are that makes the difference.

My horode 70 is a Holy Priest who's guild is in the finaly stages of getting Kharazan on famr status so have had a bit of experience in the past few weeks in healing 10 man groups. My guild always brings three healers into their Kharazan raid so there is plenty of healing to go around.

The absolute best tank I have healed for so far was a very well played bear (Druid). Not just because he had tons of health and armor but because he was VERY good at grabbing back agro from the erant monsters that took a liking to another party member (usually a delicate caster type).

So I would say play what you want and just find out all yuo can about your class and spec choices to be able to make the most of them in a raid situation.
Back to top Go down
Disaresta

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2006-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Paladins in Instances/raids   Paladins in Instances/raids Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 6:03 pm

I agree 100% Tag, spec is helpful but how you play it is so much more important. That applies to gear as well. I was doin' a normal Mechanar run with an epic fire mage and poor little Tal, all in blues, beat her in damage done 0.o

Although when it comes to aggro, there is some fluctuation because as I always like to say... holding aggro is a group responsibility. All it takes is one crazy mage and suddenly 3 people are dead -_- And when everyone is supposed to have threat meters running, you just can't blame the tank for that.
Back to top Go down
Plumbob

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2006-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Paladins in Instances/raids   Paladins in Instances/raids Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 12:06 am

Dis you raised a very good point. On plum I can get really crazy with my 3500 crits. And in the past have been able to yank aggro form a competent tank. My savign grace is I can feign right away and return aggro to tank but not all DPS can.
Back to top Go down
Nodarian

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Paladins in Instances/raids   Paladins in Instances/raids Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 4:44 am

Lol....Ret.....
Prot or holy for raiding. AoE tanking FTW, I personally prefer a pally tank in 5 mans because a lot of people in 5 mans are n00bs and steal aggro from tanks. there are some places where a pally is just not allowed though. like Maiden is one of them since she silences.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/leonardator
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paladins in Instances/raids   Paladins in Instances/raids Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paladins in Instances/raids
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Burnt Offerings :: Class Information :: Paladin-
Jump to: