Burnt Offerings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burnt Offerings

General Discussion and News Relating to Burnt Offerings.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Using Forums

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Corr

Corr

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Using Forums Empty
PostSubject: Using Forums   Using Forums Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 6:52 pm

So I discovered in guild last night that some of you are really forum illiterate. You've never encountered them or rarely use them....including our precious admins here, lol.

How many of you actually use forums? Do you use the WoW forums at all?

And more importantly, if I spam this place up, how many of you are going to stop by just to shake your head at me and leave? Razz

(Um, that tongue smiley looks vaguely like Picachu....or....another character that I can't quite place, lol)
Back to top Go down
Disaresta

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2006-10-21

Using Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Forums   Using Forums Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 8:16 pm

I signed up so I wouldn't get demoted! XD

I suppose the forums are nice to visit if you're at work and can't play the actual game...
Back to top Go down
Corr

Corr

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Using Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Forums   Using Forums Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 8:33 pm

......like during weekly schedule maintenance? Totally. Razz
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2006-08-31

Using Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Forums   Using Forums Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 2:04 am

I like forums... only if I know the people

yes i'll ocme her ean dreply
Back to top Go down
https://burntofferings.editboard.com
Taglanthas

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2006-10-31

Using Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Forums   Using Forums Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 8:42 am

Hmm I guess I am different from the majority here. I love the forums. I post on the WoW forums (under the name of Gragnar as that is my original character) and use them for far more than passing the time at work (thought they are great for that too on a slow day).

Since I run characters on three servers - 8 Alliance on Kargath - 8 Horde on Dalaran - and Tag here - I depend on forums to keep me in the game so to speak. While I am not on for very long with each character - normally one gets run per night after the auction hall thing on all of them - I like having cash . . . - I am on the forums almost every day so can keep abreast of plans in guild that I am interested in participating in.

I am an engineer so am VERY plan oriented and am VERY reluctant to change plans on the spur of the moment which seems to be when most of our guild activities take place.

As for playing. I came here from EQ2 after Asheron's call 2 folded which was after EQ 1. Dabbled in DAoC, SWG (loved runnign aorund the star wars world) and several others I can not remember.

I have been playing since release - yep I am one that loves to be in on the complete chaos that is starting day for a new game or new expansion or major addition. The wife thinks I am bonkers, as does my 28 year old son who plays these things too just not the ones I play Crying or Very sad

I quickly went to 17 characters - 8 each on my horde and alliance server and Tag to check out the RP scene. So many on the others to cover all professions, a Rogue and most recently two new races. I was leveling them all together - get one to a level then the next etc until they were all there then start over. Was a blast. But at 45 I did some quick math and realized that I would not get to 70 until 2011 at that rate. So decided to take one on each server to 70 then bring another etc etc.

That is the current working plan with a slight twist as I think I will get them all to 50 right after Tag gets his epic flyer (the other two had theirs within seconds of them reaching 70 and the difference is TREMENDOUS) so they can continue to work their various crafts. Hehe the pre Burning Crusades stuff is just not doint well on the auction hall these days so they need to move on to make more money for my next guy to 70 to use Cool
Back to top Go down
Plumbob

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2006-10-12

Using Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Forums   Using Forums Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 5:01 pm

Tag... shit you are an engineer... I was beginning to like you but you gotta go. Engineers are different peopel (my dad and grandfather are) Smile

I almost fell over witht his "I am an engineer so am VERY plan oriented and am VERY reluctant to change plans on the spur of the moment which seems to be when most of our guild activities take place."
Back to top Go down
Taglanthas

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2006-10-31

Using Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Forums   Using Forums Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 5:53 pm

ROFL

Guilty as charged.

We certantly are a strage breed at times but VERY good at disguise when necessary . . .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Using Forums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Forums   Using Forums Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Using Forums
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Burnt Offerings :: General Player-to-Player Discussion-
Jump to: