Burnt Offerings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burnt Offerings

General Discussion and News Relating to Burnt Offerings.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How close are you to your guildies?

Go down 
+6
Keriwen
Taglanthas
Drelgan
Disaresta
sae
Corr
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Corr

Corr

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-05-18

How close are you to your guildies? Empty
PostSubject: How close are you to your guildies?   How close are you to your guildies? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 2:18 am

My apologies...this might end up long and not make much sense to you, but things really hit home tonight.

My main's guild is really close.....and because they're in an alliance with a few other guilds, everyone amongst those guilds is farily close, too. Most of them have been together for years and after a long time, it just naturally happens.

A twisted turn of events tonight left us realizing just how close some of the people really are. I know Burnt Offerings isn't necessarily that kind of guild (yet? or maybe it once was and now isn't so much). I'm guessing the handful that have stuck it out over time is likely to be slightly closer, but I don't get the same kind of vibe as being 'really' close.

Do you have phone numbers for guildies you're close to? (Or for anyone on WoW, that is....and I'm not talking about your RL best friend that just happens to play, too). Do you even know their real names or are you strictly here for the killin'? Do you know anything beyond their characters and guild personality? Do you even care to or is this "just a game" for you?
Back to top Go down
sae

sae

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: How close are you to your guildies?   How close are you to your guildies? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 3:22 am

i wouldt really say im close to anyone in the guild except rose only because i know him in real life. but i have asked people their real names but i only know two people cause of their myspace lol. btw anyone who dosnt know my names jenn! Very Happy i do care bout the people i play with because i spend alot of time online with ya guys/girls but i wouldnt say i am "close" like i think you mean unless you ment in a friendly way. And no i dont have fav people in the guild i just talk to people i know more then the ones i dont Smile because they can handle my crap more then others lol but i loves you all <3

- Suspect sae
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jennydollm
Disaresta

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2006-10-21

PostSubject: Re: How close are you to your guildies?   How close are you to your guildies? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 3:36 am

A lot of guildies from my main's former guild called me Mike, and that was fine. Wouldn't bother me at all if you all did either Smile A few people had my number, but no calls were ever made. When you get to know the people behind the character, you can grow to care for them if the circumstances are right.

For example.. if it's two people that really have things in common or similar principles that creates a situation where you think you'd even hang out with them outside of the game, then yeah you can legitimately care for someone you meet in the game. Other people, well.. your only link to them will be business-like encounters, same as in the real world I guess. Some people you connect with, some you don't
Back to top Go down
Drelgan

Drelgan

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-04-21

PostSubject: Re: How close are you to your guildies?   How close are you to your guildies? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 4:34 am

There's a couple of guys in the guild that i know there first names and i dont have any problem with ppl knowing mine(its Ash btw)and i think its cool to be close to your guildmates, after all we do play with each other alot .
Back to top Go down
Taglanthas

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2006-10-31

PostSubject: Re: How close are you to your guildies?   How close are you to your guildies? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 9:37 am

Hmm very interesting topic. Being your closet variety introvert this 'being close' thing is VERY new to me. I, and as a result my characters, are not social beings. We try but are just not good at starting conversations etc so pretty much lay in the background waiting to respond to something.

From what I have seen, Burnt Offerings is pretty much a group of soloist that really like playing the game. The few times I have been in guild groups they have been . . . shall we say . . . less that coordinated. But that is cool and only brings out the need to have more activites and instance runs with solely guild groups so we can all get to know how the others play and what their strengths and weaknesses are. I am not one to shy away from experimentation and have had this discussion in my other guilds where the 'expert' has read it on the web that class X NEEDS to have skill Y or health X or mana Z etc to survive in instance XYZ. And I say well that well may be but why don't we try it out ourselves as we are and see how it goes? After all the worst that can happen is that we wipe several times decide we actually do need better equipment / stats and pay a small armor fixing fee and move on. No biggie in my mind.

Oh and also for the record. I and my characters (yea even my poor rogues who do not like this PNE BIT) tend to in your face fighting types and much prefer to blast their way into an instance and blast it back out again to trying to sneak past baddies to get to the bigger baddies. In fact a considerable amount of each of my character's experience comes from this blasting in and blastting out of quest areas and killing baddies as they travel the land. And also, and I appologize in advance for this, if I am traveling and a node (mineral or flower depending on character) I will pause and mine the vein or pick the flowers. I know this can drive folk nuts but I can not help myself here and have packs full of ore and herbs to prove it. Oh yea and unskinned monsters with a skinner too . . .

As to real names. While I personally see no reason for this I am not against it.

I am Royce and I am a game-aholic Smile (PS I love alts to in case you didn't figure that out yet)
Back to top Go down
Disaresta

PostSubject: Re: How close are you to your guildies?   How close are you to your guildies? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 4:23 pm

How odd.. I know a 70 paladin named Royce Smile
Back to top Go down
Taglanthas

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2006-10-31

PostSubject: Re: How close are you to your guildies?   How close are you to your guildies? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 pm

So far I have only met or heard of a handluf of Royce's. We are a rare breed . . .

One was during my stay in Everquest. My Barbarian Shaman was heading out of thier snowy town (who's name I would include if i remembered) through the tunnel when a Barbarian Warrior ran by named Royce. Turns out that was the guy's real name Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Keriwen

Keriwen

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2006-08-31

PostSubject: Re: How close are you to your guildies?   How close are you to your guildies? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 11:19 pm

I'm Ciara! I'm hot. And I rock. 'nuff said. Razz Actually.. I'm..missing you guys like nuts! Yes..I said nuts..Das, that's your cue to go crazy..and mention how I need to hook up the webcam so you can..ahem..nevermind. Very Happy Hey guys!! I use to be 'close' to several of you..no phone numbers of course, but..close enough.
Back to top Go down
Disaresta

PostSubject: Re: How close are you to your guildies?   How close are you to your guildies? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 1:26 am

We miss you too, Keri =D
Back to top Go down
Plumbob

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2006-10-12

PostSubject: Re: How close are you to your guildies?   How close are you to your guildies? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 4:39 pm

"What is in a name, a rose by another name would smell just as sweet"- Shakespeare. Personaly i am bad with names and I stick to game names even when I know the person's real one. keeps it easy in my simple litlle mind.

This is a good topic and ironically when Ouchy and I went out drinking last nite i commented that doing 3 to 4 hours a night playing meant that I was spending 1 day per week online. BTW, i do not see my neighbors that often.

As far as getting to know people it is entirely up to the individual. theres a handful of you all that i know very well as far as their personal lives and what they do. As for meeting, Geaography is against us since we are in all four corners of the US, London, Australia, Korea and Germany. Times differences also make it hard to phone someone cause if Darq or Rae call me in their afternoon it will wake the wife and kid here cause its past midnight.

Tag is right as far as getting to know how we run. Ex: We've been farming lower city rep with Nod. I can count on the factthat if we are on the ball and make sure Nod is not getting pounded, we live.

What you guys describe as a close guild is what PBM and I come form when we played SWG. There was a phone list to ge tpeopel to log in and PvP, they meet once a year for a drunkfest and are a good group of friends. It took almost 3+ years toget to that point. At the rate we've bene going and from what I have seen we are headed in that direction since we have ditched or tame din the prsonalities that would otherwise wreck such a group. No that we are all 70 it makes it easier to gorup and lvl cause before I was always hanging with non guildies to ge tmy qeusts done since the rest were not there yet.

Damn thats a long message bu tthis si a good topic.

BTW, name is Rafael and as some of you know my friends call me Rafi.
Back to top Go down
Corr

Corr

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: How close are you to your guildies?   How close are you to your guildies? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 7:50 pm

Wow, looks like I finally found a topic that sparked an interest with some of you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Renigus

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: How close are you to your guildies?   How close are you to your guildies? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 4:38 pm

Hell ya im close with my guildies...im a pretty friendly person when you get to kno me and being here from the beginning helps me get to kno everyone for a long time..i try to talk to everyone and get them included in the crazy guild discussions that go on in guild chat. I do kno a few of you guys's names and like Plum find it simpler to stick to game names since even in real life it takes me like 3 days to finally remeber someones name, it is def just a game...but it never seems like it =]
my names Josh...i feel retarded now with everyones unique names and i got one of the most common ones in the book =P
Back to top Go down
Plumbob

PostSubject: Re: How close are you to your guildies?   How close are you to your guildies? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 5:42 am

Ren... my last name is garcia... in spanish Rafael garcia is pretty damn common.
Back to top Go down
Daszunes
Admin
Daszunes

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2006-09-24

PostSubject: Re: How close are you to your guildies?   How close are you to your guildies? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 2:07 pm

Hmmm the ones that I am closest to in this addicting game. I think that I am close to... Plumbob, he is the one person that really, REALLY, keeps it real fer me. Next Let me see, and yeah yeah every one likes her to, is Darq, she is the sweetest, kindest and most accepting person that I know. Next I would say would have to be Keriwen. I have known this character fer hmmmm, goin on three years now. Sh hes put up with so much crap from me we are almost related, and this brings me to Renigus. What can I say, he may be a pain in the ass, young, annoying, and sometime dam right impossible to keep composure with, but the kid has a good head on his shoulders, even though I want to cut it off at times. Last but not least, Corr, I have had many conversations with her in general, and in whisper. She is a really down to earth LADIE, any thing or any on says other wise is a stupid F-er and dont't know crap.

As fer the closeness that is in this guild, I think that their are verying degrees. Some may not see it but in other ways people do. I have been in this guild fer 2 may 3 years. I like all the people that are in it. I do not intend to leave. I have seen stupid things happed in this guild and some great things, so thier is a very long history here. You all are my on-line friends. I am gonna keep it that way.

Dasz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kramster20032
Plumbob

PostSubject: Re: How close are you to your guildies?   How close are you to your guildies? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 3:13 pm

dasz... /BIGguildHUG
Back to top Go down
Daszunes
Admin
Daszunes

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2006-09-24

PostSubject: Re: How close are you to your guildies?   How close are you to your guildies? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 12:54 am

<Pushes Plumb away> Get off me you freak! Were close, but not that close.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kramster20032
PBMom

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: How close are you to your guildies?   How close are you to your guildies? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 11:42 am

LOL Dasz.

As Plum said I come from the uber guild in SWG (they weren't uber cause of me can assure you of that) I like to think I brought the same thing here that I did there. That is a lack of selfishness, a willingness to help others before myself (seen me drop what I'm doing and come running), and a certain amount of generosity (i give what I can to whomever I think could use it). I think all of these qualities help foster the "teamwork' of the group and show others how to behave. It's not for everyone but it works for me. I have a thing about asking for help too, I love to help but hate asking for it.

I enjoy the personalities I've experienced in the guild so far. Each and everyone of you have very different qualities that make you unique and other qualities that lump you in with the rest of us. So while you are unique you are still not alone in this world, we're here to share your frustration, help you through your problems, but not take a lot of crap because of it. We love ya, but expect that you try your best to keep the negativity out of it, and demonstrate some patience. In other words just get along.

So as far as guildies go I've even sent real live US dollars (back when they had value) to help people when i thought it was warrented. (single mom with no money for christmas, a dude who's family couldn't pay the light bill (he refused the help))

But that's just me, I don't expect others to do as I do, and respect your choices to live as you see fit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How close are you to your guildies?   How close are you to your guildies? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How close are you to your guildies?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Burnt Offerings :: General Guild Discussion-
Jump to: