Burnt Offerings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burnt Offerings

General Discussion and News Relating to Burnt Offerings.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Epiphany

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Plumbob

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2006-10-12

Epiphany Empty
PostSubject: Epiphany   Epiphany Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 12:44 pm

I was going through WoW forums and such reading about guilds and what not. The question popped into my mind as to why we had a certain group who has always been around and then we have had a few coming in and out through the revolving door and some who come in and leave right after.

In a moment of clarity and such it hit me: AGE, most people are in or around the 30s...except for our geriatrics dept of Tag and PBM Smile (still love you guys)!!!!

The one thing we have in common is that most of us are older. Teh few young 'uns we have are very mature. Am I on target here or should I go crawl into a bottle of captain for some better thoughts?

Let me know hat you all think
Back to top Go down
Daszunes
Admin
Daszunes

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2006-09-24

Epiphany Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epiphany   Epiphany Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 3:37 pm

I think you are right. Most of us are around the same age or VERY mature for theis age. Why am I still with this guild. I personally like to think it's 90% loyality and 10% being a total nut bag. (Shut up plumb I am tryin to be serious)

I have known the longest guild members for a very long time. Just about the entire time that I have played wow. Darq bein the firest of them. I treat her as my honor sister. She talks sence and is very smart, patient and wont laugh when I try to type in her language. As fer Plumbob, their are no words that can discribe him, and that is because I never seen him before. Smile . He is a cool person to talk to, a pain in the ass at times but cool. He'll help when he can. I remember when he would help me and be in cue fer BG. He would always let me or the party know that he was gonna go and not just up and dissappear when it was time.

In the three years that I have been in the guild (yeah three years, sad I know) I've seen this guild go from only 2 classes to opening up to every one, the guild leaders changeing, leaveing, comeing back to play and yes I have developed relationships with them and even fell in love with some. The people that are close to me know whom I speak of, I think. Their has been times when this guild fell on really hard times. Goin from 110 people (2% at the time were alts) to 20. I have seen seeds of contempt, failure and so much drama that you could get a network contract for a day time soap and get paid well for it. To the thriveing guild that it is now. (I am getting to my point please bear with me).

Why do we stay through all of this? I like to think that it is loyality (year of the Dog is what I am and it shows). Personally, i love this guild I love you , I dont want it to fail and it hasn't, and I dont intend to fail it. It came damb close once, just because people wanted to bring their personal lives into game. Drama, this guild inst the place for it. Trust me I found this out the hard way. I will be the first to admit that I was the cause of some of it. I try not to. I dont have those influances in the game or in this guild any longer. They are still their, but like Plumbob has said before, if you dont like the person or what they are spewing from that hole they call a keyboard or the blizz chat,. /ignore (playername) or /mute (playername), and I have done so and am happier fer it and feel better cuz of it.

Okay I rambled on long enough. Plumb its your own damb fault to ask for our thoughts on this. You deffinetly got mine. Smile

Talk to you all in game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kramster20032
Dalatain Swift

Dalatain Swift

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Epiphany Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epiphany   Epiphany Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 12:25 am

I definately agree with Dasz and Plum, the main reason i stay with this guild is because of 2 reasons, #1. You guys rock, seriously i have never found a guild that has been so helpful, and willing to let my characters sit their for 8 months without booting me! lol its awesome. and #2. FREE STUFF!! lol j/k, no i dont get alot of free stuff which is ok, because i never ask for it lol, im a lvl 70, most stuff i can supply on my own or buy lol. but seriously, i think i stay because of the support and friendships that ive built here over my time. Most of the veteran players know me fairly well, plum, darq, dasz (at times :p), Ren, Vol. they all know me and there the main reason i stay with this guild (plus others too, there not my only friends lol.... i know shocker, i have friends Very Happy).
Back to top Go down
Darquenezz

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2006-10-14

Epiphany Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epiphany   Epiphany Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 10:14 pm

Small frye is the same - mostly older casual gamers, or mature ones. That is why their guild has been so stable.

RP guilds are a little strange - they are usually close, but can also have bad drama conflict.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Epiphany Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epiphany   Epiphany Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Epiphany
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Burnt Offerings :: General Guild Discussion-
Jump to: