Burnt Offerings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burnt Offerings

General Discussion and News Relating to Burnt Offerings.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

hear it here first (almost) . . .

Go down 
+2
Daszunes
Darquenezz
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Darquenezz

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2006-10-14

hear it here first (almost) . . . Empty
PostSubject: hear it here first (almost) . . .   hear it here first (almost) . . . Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 8:58 am

ok, so we have said, for some time, there has been real-life news on our end.

This is pretty long overdue, but we are ready, and for the consequences/fallout, as well.

hold on tight!

1) Rae is moving back to the USA on July the 1st. It is temporary; at first, she will be moving around a lot (visiting family & friends), and then will be close to Oklahoma City for about 6 months. As it so happens, she will be housesitting for Keriz, who is a friend of ours (he is American, too, and we met him here in real life. In fact, we got him started on WoW). After she is 'done' in the States, she will be moving out to join me . . .

2) In the Sultanate of Brunei, where I am moving to on July 1st. I wanted a job before I went, but no luck so far. So, I will be doing my PADI Divemaster course for July & maybe part of August, and interview/job hunt while there. I don't know how much WoW I can/will be able to do - depends on if I have a computer and/or internet access, or if there are PC rooms where I can rent by the hour. I may install the game onto a keychain (w/ my addons ^^) and just carry it with me.

3) This is probably the biggest news: we are 'outing' ourselves. Raessa is, as some of you all know from chatting, a girl (and quite the disy, at that!). And we do live together, and have been for about 5 years now. But we needed to let you all know, because we have made good friends here: I (Darq) am a man. Boy. Man-child. American, not Korean. affraid So-young Oh (Korean name) was one of my first/favoite students in Korea. It was she who used her name & Korean ID to get me signed up onto game servers (because you had to have a Korean ID at that time).

Only a very few people ever knew - Rae, Keriz, Icis. NO ONE from Nature's Grace ever knew. It is also the reason I always discouraged/put down flirting, or turned the conversation to Rae & my relationship. In any case, there you go. This is important for us, because . . .

4) we are engaged. Officially. Much to the shock of everyone who knows how happy we have been together NOT being married. But, in fact, we may be getting married at the end of this year, if I can make it back tothe USA for a vacation and/or to see my sister (only family) in Austin. No, you can't go if we do - small courthouse-style wedding. Yes, maaayyybeee we could FedEx you cake. Razz

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With the accounts being hacked, and all the moving stuff (we have just 5 days left in Korea, and a whole house of stuff & pets to take care of), and everything else with our jobs, we had been putting it off. But there is no reason to, really.

We hope it doesn't negatively impact the guild. Personality-wise, pretty much what you have dealt with with us is how we are (the kind helpful guildmates part; not the misleading-about-Darq's-real-gender part).

we may or may not be on in the next couple of days. We will definitely not be on regularly in the next few weeks - movers come here our Friday morn; we will be at a hotel til our fly-outs Tuesday morn.

We wish you well, and we DO plan to be with you all in game - it will just be easier for those of you all onNorth American time to game w/ Rae the next 6 months Smile

Darq (Glen) & Rae (Christina)

yes, yes - with all that, we will try to post up picks before we unplug the computers here
Back to top Go down
Daszunes
Admin
Daszunes

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2006-09-24

PostSubject: Re: hear it here first (almost) . . .   hear it here first (almost) . . . Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 1:08 pm

Awww sad, I know real life takes presidence. But as I have declared you two are my favorite people and would have loved to have offiated your vows. I am a Reverand in RL and can do weddings. Fer as odd as that may sound it is true. I do hope the best of luck to you both and hope the best for you in your endevers. Just please, please dont be a stranger to us. You dont have to come to play wow, but just try to get on the board to let us know your alive and doin well.

We will miss you and our feelings go with you.

Dasz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kramster20032
Plumbob

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2006-10-12

PostSubject: Re: hear it here first (almost) . . .   hear it here first (almost) . . . Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 1:23 pm

Congratulations on the wedding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you post a pic of the wedding and a pic of an invitation I'm sure all of us being so nice we will post a pic of a gift for you Smile lol

As for people's real identity.... we've had our suspicions for a long time Smile Afetr all, dasz still denies he is an internet furry so I just let people ride. (/pet dasz)

What will you do in Brunei?
Back to top Go down
Plumbob

PostSubject: Re: hear it here first (almost) . . .   hear it here first (almost) . . . Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 1:24 pm

Dasz are you seriously a reverent in RL? what church? I just have trouble picturing you in aserious role rofl

darq: Now that you are not hiding yourself... will you get a mic and talk to us??? arena's and instances would be a lot easier that way since you the only one who knows the game well!!!
Back to top Go down
sae

sae

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: hear it here first (almost) . . .   hear it here first (almost) . . . Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 1:45 pm

aww darq i already knew Laughing as im sure some others did too Razz but congrats to you guys on your wedding! me and rose wish you the best. but keep in touch cause everyone misses you guys Crying or Very sad

Suspect -Sae
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jennydollm
sae

sae

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: hear it here first (almost) . . .   hear it here first (almost) . . . Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 1:47 pm

[quote="Plumbob"]Dasz are you seriously a reverent in RL? what church? I just have trouble picturing you in aserious role rofl

lol i am thinking the same thing plum! Razz

Suspect -Sae
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jennydollm
Daszunes
Admin
Daszunes

PostSubject: Re: hear it here first (almost) . . .   hear it here first (almost) . . . Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 3:47 am

Geez people, give me credit here. I know I am alot diffrent in game but that don't make me that way in rl. Yes I am a rev. Been so fer the past three years. Did my first wedding last year, outdoors in a very nice park at the couples request. The church that ordained me is Universil Life. Like I have said b-4, on the internet you can be anyone or thing you want to be.

Oh btw, Darq is gonna drive paddi, if I aint mistaken, they are taxi's but I could be wrong.

Dasz -.-
Back to top Go down
Plumbob

PostSubject: Re: hear it here first (almost) . . .   hear it here first (almost) . . . Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 12:16 am

Sorry dasz... i just ahve this image of you wearing a priest's outfit and a costume bear head saying " with this growl I thee wed GRRRRR"

THen doing alil' bear dance.

/hugs & kisses
Back to top Go down
Daszunes
Admin
Daszunes

PostSubject: Re: hear it here first (almost) . . .   hear it here first (almost) . . . Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 2:41 am

[quote="Plumbob"]Sorry dasz... i just ahve this image of you wearing a priest's outfit and a costume bear head saying " with this growl I thee wed GRRRRR"

THen doing alil' bear dance.

/hugs & kisses[/quote

NOT A PRIEST! I am a Reverend, their is a big diffrence. A priest goes to Seminary school (priest collage), takes vows, and lives off of the church. A reverend doesn't go to seminary school, dosnt need the permission from the church fer anything, has no vows to make, has a real job AND can say any fuckin god dam thing they shit bagin please to.
Back to top Go down
Keriwen

Keriwen

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2006-08-31

PostSubject: Re: hear it here first (almost) . . .   hear it here first (almost) . . . Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 9:18 am

Grats Darq!!!

You had me all confused for a while, always thought you were a girl..and then a guy..and then a girl..and then a guy.. And then I had no idea so I decided to just quit thinking about it. Very Happy Lord knows it's not hard to confuse me.. Rolling Eyes And I'm not even a blonde!

Anyways, CONGRATS!!!
Back to top Go down
Plumbob

PostSubject: Re: hear it here first (almost) . . .   hear it here first (almost) . . . Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 12:36 pm

Okay... so what about the bear costume and other Furry paraphernilia?
Back to top Go down
Daszunes
Admin
Daszunes

PostSubject: Re: hear it here first (almost) . . .   hear it here first (almost) . . . Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 12:12 am

those are just the fiddly bits that can be fun. As far as being at a wedding, no not happening.
Back to top Go down
Abbe

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: hear it here first (almost) . . .   hear it here first (almost) . . . Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 1:57 am

Congrats Darq and Rae wonderful news.. Darq you forgot Shocked , when we were younger druids in NG. you had told me you were a guy when we were out in the Barens trying to find that deviate fish recipe, which i might add was most of the day, we cut our finger and became blood brother and sister and i swore to never tell anyone Huggles, I'm a good secret keeper huh < chuckles> i was just pumping up the story by addin the cutting our finger part Wink , but i did promis I wouldn't tell...Love ya guys I'm soo happy for you both cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hear it here first (almost) . . .   hear it here first (almost) . . . Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hear it here first (almost) . . .
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Burnt Offerings :: General Player-to-Player Discussion-
Jump to: