Burnt Offerings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burnt Offerings

General Discussion and News Relating to Burnt Offerings.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Arias' Defensive Build

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Disaresta

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2006-10-21

Arias' Defensive Build Empty
PostSubject: Arias' Defensive Build   Arias' Defensive Build Icon_minitimeSat Oct 21, 2006 12:28 pm

Heya,

I figured I would post this for any warriors out there wanting a tested, tried and true defensive build for their warriors. It's not very crucial in the early going of the game, but as you draw nearer to 60, most instance warriors are spec'd something like this. In fact, people tend to be upset if you don't =/

Arms:

5 pts in Deflection. This is just obvious. Parrying is good Smile

4 pts in Tactical Mastery. Stance dancing for a warrior does become important. You can really gain the upper hand by charging a target then switching right to defensive stance.

Fury:

5 pts in Cruelty. This adds -some- soloing functionality, but a nice crit is always a good threat-getter.

Protection:

5 pts in Shield Specialization. The ability to block attacks with your shield is a large part of your well-being, so supplement it with this!

5 pts in Anticipation. The key stats on gear for tanks is this; stamina and +defense! Not armor, defense :O) Adding points to defense increases your chance to dodge, block and parry so it's extremely important for a defensive warrior.

2 pts in Improved Bloodrage. In order to build aggro on a target quickly, the first thing you should use when engaging is bloodrage, then sunder like crazy. Supplement your vital skill with this talent.

5 pts in Toughness. More armor can't be a bad thing.

3 pts in Iron Will. These points aren't vital, but can be helpful. I consider them discretionary.

5 pts in Defiance. It raises the threat you generate... must I say more? =/

1 pt in Last Stand. This can be a lifesaver in a close battle. Good for soloing too.

2 pts in Improved Shield Block. The third point is less effective so I left it at two. This skill is very helpful in defending from heavy hitting bosses.

3 pts in Improved Sunder Armor. This wouldn't be overly important if you didn't have to spam the skill constantly, but you do.

2 pts in Improved Taunt. Wait... if you already have aggro on your target so well, why do you need this? Simple; a shorter taunt cooldown helps you pull baddies off your buddies. At times as a warrior, you may have to juggle aggro on 3-4 or more targets at once.

2 pts in Improved Shield Wall. It's a lifesaver of a skill, so keep the good times rolling for an extra five seconds. The life you save could be your own!

1 pt in Concussion Blow. Want to stun like a Paladin out of control? Very useful against non-boss mobs.

1 pt in Shield Slam. This generates some decent threat, but just as importantly it generates some decent damage. That's something you won't be doing a whole lot of as a protection built warrior, but this skill offsets that nicely enough.

That's all, folks! I've used this build to MT Stratholme, Scholomance, Zul'Gurub, Molten Core, Onyxia, Blackrock Spire, and Blackwing Lair, so I vouch very much for it's effectiveness in keeping you alive when at times you really shouldn't be :O)

- Arias
Back to top Go down

Arias' Defensive Build
Page 1 of 1