Burnt Offerings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burnt Offerings

General Discussion and News Relating to Burnt Offerings.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Getting Keyed for Onyxia!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Disaresta

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2006-10-21

Getting Keyed for Onyxia! Empty
PostSubject: Getting Keyed for Onyxia!   Getting Keyed for Onyxia! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 4:40 am

Onyxia is a 40-man raid that requires every member of the raid be "keyed" in order to enter the instance and fight her. So... how does one go about getting keyed?

Make your way to the Burning Steppes, to the North of Lakeshire, and find Morgan's Vigil. A nice fella there will give you the quest "Dragonkin Menace". This is the quest chain that eventually leads to you being able to enter Onyxia's Lair.

There are a few sticky parts involved in this quest, such as...

Defeating several elite dragonkin in the level 50-54 range. I'm sure a guild member sitting around Ironforge will volunteer help for getting this part done. The only objective that can't usually be solo'd is the Black Drake. Do try to complete as much as you can on your own, though. It would be bad if people quickly tired of helping guildies through the whole thing numerous times.

Performing several consecutive quests in BRD, one which you must leave and return for, and also a rescue mission.

Finally, it requires defeating General Drakkisath, the master of UBRS. I should stress that although Drakk drops the quest item you need, it is NOT IN LIMITLESS QUANTITY PER NEED! That means not everyone that has the quest may be able to complete it. Drakk typically drops 2-3 vials of the needed quest component. Check with everyone first to be sure you aren't ninja'ing the stuff. I will say that odds are you will be the only one doing the quest at the time, so you should be safe. Still, ask first.

At this time, our guild is not in a position to put together a successful UBRS raid (although that will likely change soon enough) so find a Pickup Group for the last part if you must.

What's in it for you to bother going through all of this, you say? Well, Onyxia happens to drop the Tier 2 epic helmets (2 helmets per kill) for each class, along with other epic drops. We may be a ways off from that right now, but I would advise preparing for this encounter as soon as you can! It will limit your need to return to BRD, at the very least. If there's any questions, feel free to ask.

- Dis
Back to top Go down

Getting Keyed for Onyxia!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Burnt Offerings :: Instances-
Jump to: