Burnt Offerings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burnt Offerings

General Discussion and News Relating to Burnt Offerings.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sniped

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Probenzo

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2006-11-09

Sniped Empty
PostSubject: Sniped   Sniped Icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2006 5:07 pm

i was playin WoW against my parents rules and got caught by my dad, that bastard, so now its off the computer and he deleted my login account to get on the computer. However, grades come out in a few weeks so if i do well i will get it back, sorry for my absence. (If i had only hit the restart button!!!!)
Back to top Go down
Plumbob

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2006-10-12

Sniped Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniped   Sniped Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2006 6:21 am

DOH!!! sorry to hear.

Do like the politicians, apologize ten times and recognize the mistake so the healing can begin. Then tryto negotiate

Good luck
Back to top Go down
Taglanthas

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2006-10-31

Sniped Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniped   Sniped Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 12:15 pm

Sorry to hear that , but rules are rules.

Your father is not trying to be nasty (I know having been a father and now Grandfather). My two sons thought we were mean parents too. Having to tell us where they were going and with who for what purpose and for how long and heaven forbid to call us if plans changed.

"None of my friends have those rules"

"They all laugh at me when I have to call mommy to get permission to change my plans"

We even had one of his friend's mother call us and try to convince us it was unfair to not let him do something with his friends just because he was grounded.

Sound familiar yet?

Now he is 30 as are his friends. He is married with two children and a good job supporting that family. His friends are working part time jobs in the mall, single, living at home and totally uphappy with their lives.

Is this 100% due to our adherance to our rules? Probably not but I am sure it played a big part in making my son the man he is now!

Despite what you think now your parents are not your enemies

You will come to realize this in time and when you do remember to thank them!

Good luck withthe grades and hope to see you back in game soon!
Back to top Go down
Plumbob

Sniped Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniped   Sniped Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 10:49 pm

Tag:

You are sooo right. I'm 32, my parents were just like you. I am now married with a kid. Half my "no rules" friends are scraping by.

I thought my parents were assholes and sadistic. As I got older my views changed and now with a kid of my own I find it hard to believe my parents did not kill us, I was the youngest of four; diffrence in age from oldest sis to me is 7 years.

There was a commercial on tv with a kid arguing with a parent and the kid yells "when i have my own kids I won't treat them like that."

The parent reply was "if you really love them you will."

I thought it cute.

P.S. never hurts to try and negotiate; that is also a very useful life skill Smile
Back to top Go down
Probenzo

Sniped Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniped   Sniped Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 9:45 pm

yeah i know what youre saying, my parents are very strict and everything tag said is basically what my parents are like. I just feel like when is enough? I know rules are important so i dont become like one of you guys friends who are just scraping by on a 9-5 but like me live a little. I get 2 Cs which isnt good, but if u look at the classes im taking they are more difficult than freshman college courses as a senior in highschool. So they ground me for that i cant play WoW go out with friends, and it happens so often. Maybe ill see some good in it in the fututre but right now i cant. Discipline is important clearly but theres a difference between being a strict parent who raises good kids and being a nazi, my parents are somewhere in between. anyways thanks for the support hope to see you all soon!
Back to top Go down
Plumbob

Sniped Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniped   Sniped Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2006 6:46 am

There is such a thing as too much rules. Have you tried talking to your parents about it? Not in a complaining way but very calmy and without judging?

Sometimes strictness comes from the fact that they know you are not a child, they know you are growing and they are scared that you are not ready for the world so they try more parenting. As a parent one of my biggest fears is that many of the lessons will not take on my child and he'll have to learn them the hard way like I did; I don't want him going through the same crap. At the same time I know that you simply cannot stop the hands of time.

Good luck and hang in there and remember that the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Back to top Go down
Taglanthas

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2006-10-31

Sniped Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniped   Sniped Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2006 9:58 am

Unfortunately trying to talk to them about their rules being to strick is not advised. Even if you approach in a calm and friendly manner they will not take it well. They are the parents and are doing what they think best for you and will not take well to you trying to convince them they are wrong.

Now to the two C's. I have two children and one of them would get grounded for life (or as near to life as I could manage for two C's) while the other would probably get congradulated for only getting two C's. All depends on the child. If you are capable of not getting two C's then woe be to you when you get them. The argument that they are tougher courses holds no water as you would not be in those tougher classes if you could not do the work by definition.

While I want to see you in game and having fun with the rest of us, to sneak on when under punishment and play is just asking for trouble. Parents are not nearly as clueless as you think and will find out when you do things like that. Best to follow the rules, get those grades up and be able to play the game with your parent's blessings.

You will have many years to do what you want without any parental rules after you graduate from college and start a life of your own. And that will come quick enough regardless of how it feels right now.
Back to top Go down
Plumbob

Sniped Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniped   Sniped Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2006 3:39 pm

Tag:
"Now to the two C's. I have two children and one of them would get grounded for life (or as near to life as I could manage for two C's) while the other would probably get congradulated for only getting two C's. All depends on the child. If you are capable of not getting two C's then woe be to you when you get them. The argument that they are tougher courses holds no water as you would not be in those tougher classes if you could not do the work by definition."

I almost died laughing when I saw this. That's how it was with my sister and I. She was straight A's and me.... I got the whole alphabet.

And yes, you are right about the parents not being clueless. There are times when you think you got away with something but in reality they let you go for one reason or another.

As for talking to them about the rules they will probably say no but it would open up communication and he might get reasons WHY the parents make their choices.

Ex: had a friend who came home with beer on his breath. He was grounded for three months with no TV, phone, games, nothing but school and reading about alcohol. To the rest of us it was super harsh until his parents sat him down about their family's history which had a big tendency for substance abuse. The common thread was that they started with underage drinking.

Either way. Good luck and hang in there. You will have plenty of times to do what you want and down the line you will sometimes wish for the days when someone would tell you what to do to simplify your life. (p.s. that's why I got married, I no longer make decisions Smile
Back to top Go down
Probenzo

Sniped Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniped   Sniped Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2007 9:03 pm

haha thanks for the support everyone, im still trying to get through this but im making progress
Back to top Go down
Keriwen

Keriwen

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2006-08-31

Sniped Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniped   Sniped Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2007 9:18 pm

Good luck, Prob!! We look forward to having you back!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sniped Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniped   Sniped Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sniped
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Burnt Offerings :: General Player-to-Player Discussion-
Jump to: