Burnt Offerings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burnt Offerings

General Discussion and News Relating to Burnt Offerings.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recent Developments

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Keriwen

Keriwen

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2006-08-31

Recent Developments Empty
PostSubject: Recent Developments   Recent Developments Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2006 2:09 am

I would like to take a moment to make a post, before things start getting twisted and my words start getting mistaken for something else.

On the night of the Raid, Jacianda and myself got into a little fight over the fact she wasn't coming to the raid, after she expressed a LOT of interest in it and even had come to me a few days before the scheduled raid, to tell me that she'd found a few people who wanted to come as well. The raid time came and her reason for not attending the guild function was " you didn't tell me what city we were doing, so I made plans to go to ZF."

Alright. I didn't give a specific city, because I wanted to see what levels we had going..to make it fair for everyone involved. The argument brewed from there, into the fact she has taken her main toon from the guild to join another..and I am going to be brutually honest here. ( I wouldn't of otherwise said this, but the guildchat quit on Jaci's part was very uncalled for and very immature)...the other guild woo'd her and she needed to get out of BtO for a while, to get over the hurt of losing Adam. That's fine. But I told her until she found time to come back, or when her other guild became old to her, we could talk about bringing Kely back up to Class Leader...until then I'd demote him to normal rank.

I proceeded to recieved two emails from her as well as a whisper, wanting me to get into contact with Adam to see what was going on there and she felt he too needed to be demoted from the guild. I did get into contact with Adam, who said he'd be around enough to be CL and that he'd continue to be active. When telling Jane (Jaci) this, she didn't say much..a couple hours passed and she signed onto Kelynian and made a post on guild chat " I'm moving all my characters from BtO. Evidently you guys dont care about me since you're keeping Adam around." Or whatever, it was very similar to that, if not word for word. To which she proceeded to take all her characters from BtO.

I don't care that people leave the guild, but do not get on guildchat and make some fucked up remark. Because now in her wake, she'd left us with several long-time members who are very upset..who don't believe me when I say nothing shady is going on with BtO. Thanks to her, we've got long-time members debating quitting the guild as well. My advice? Do not have guild relationships. It fucks up a lot of people when they don't work out.

BtO did nothing to Jane, except be honest. I told her people felt cheated on by her joining another guild and leaving us high and dry after all the time we'd put into helping her..and other things. I wasn't lying. Others had told me the same, that they felt cheated. People in no way have to remain members to BtO but I ask when you leave, don't start dramatic immature bullshit. And I am sure Jane will read this, I want to also take a moment to remind her..whereas Adam hurt her, he didn't hurt us and we have no reason to boot him out of the guild, nor would I make up a reason just to suit the needs of another person. And on top of that, it was really none of her business what I said to Adam or what was decided, as it didn't concern her..at all.

I am being very honest with you guys when I say, I am -very- tired of the drama. This is a game, we're supposed to be on here having fun. Not having a huge uproar everytime we sign in. It's not fun, for anyone. If this post offends and runs off people, I'm sorry..but this needed to be made because I am sure there will now be a lot of whispering behind my back..and I want people to know the straight up truth of what has happened, not something twisted around.

Keri
Back to top Go down
Jardain

Jardain

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2006-09-05

PostSubject: No more drama please   Recent Developments Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2006 2:41 am

I agree with Keri that there has been alot of B.S. on guild chat lately. There have been things said in poor taste on the general guild channel that I did not agree with. I considered both Jac and Tingle loyal members of the guild before the breakup. After the breakup, Jaci typed some stuff in guild chat that was not fair to Tingle - not being there at the time to defend himself. Not once did I see Tingle type anything negative about Jaci. I don't know any of the details concerning the breakup, nor do I want to - that's a RL thing and has no place in the game. Thanks for saying what you had to say Keri, I regret not saying something sooner - this type of behavior I can not tollerate.

Regards,

Jardain
Back to top Go down
Disaresta

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2006-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Recent Developments   Recent Developments Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2006 2:59 am

I'm quite content to leave the subject be, although I would like to re-affirm my support for Keri's decisions on the matter. It's been suggested before that I myself would leave the guild in order to drag my characters through Molten Core and beyond with a raiding guild. Could I do that? You bet. Will I do that? God no. The fact is that I really enjoy the people in this guild and I can really trust that the leadership is being upfront with everyone about every issue. Yeah, even dirty laundry like this. As a member of this guild, you don't have to wonder about what might be said about you in officer chat or any such thing. It's a very open, very fair guild. If you're 60, prepared enough and -really- want to raid, it's absurd to suggest that you can't do it in this guild. I managed to find a regular weekly MC group, so I'm sure if you're that dedicated to instancing at high level, you can too.

I'm getting a bit off-topic, but anyways... if someone starts removing select characters in order to try and advance them in another guild while trying to hang on to an officer rank in this one, that's pretty insulting to our members. There has to be some loyalty here, and I for one have full confidence that this guild will grow and maintain the comraderie it always had. I'd rather work towards these goals with all of you then to quit and take shortcuts. Sorry things turned out this way, but if that's the way it has to be then I support the tough decisions that had to be made.

Dis
Back to top Go down
Plumbob

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2006-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Recent Developments   Recent Developments Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2006 3:28 am

Key point Keri made THIS IS A GAME!!!!!!

It is a tragedy when RL craps on you, Last couple of weeks I have barely had the time to log on to here much less WoW. (Sidenote: I hate Time Warner. they've royally screwed up my internet in the switch from Adelphia.)

Dis I agree a 100% with "I'm getting a bit off-topic, but anyways... if someone starts removing select characters in order to try and advance them in another guild while trying to hang on to an officer rank in this one, that's pretty insulting to our members." It is the same as saying honey I love you but the sex is better with someone else. BTW I'll be home for dinner at 6:00pm.

My suggestion is to leave your RL problems behind when you log on. I PROMISE they will be there waiting for you when you log off and snce you can't really solve them in game just enjoy yourself.
Back to top Go down
Disaresta

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2006-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Recent Developments   Recent Developments Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2006 6:20 am

I think that would be a prudent suggestion Gnomey, to ask everyone to leave the baggage at the door. There's some exceptions of course, like if someone comes online and something actually terrible happened, or if say they got a promotion at work then by all means share it. But.. yeah, I really don't have anything to say when someone comes online and starts raving about their parents and whatnot. Reaching out to other guildies is one thing, dumping problems on them is quite another.

Gnomo.. that comparison to cheating on ones wife was LOLtacular Smile
Back to top Go down
Daszunes
Admin
Daszunes

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2006-09-24

PostSubject: Recent Developments   Recent Developments Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2006 5:32 pm

First of all let me say this. I think that this is a great guild. I have had people help me at the lowest levels that my character has been and they haven't had to. I have had individuals help me with quests and they haven't gotten to gain anything, as a matter of fact, they have let me have every single drop that was available to me that could have possibly happen. I thank those people and bow to them in gamer respect.

Now for the matter of Jaci and Tingle. What ever respect as a gamer I have had for them is gone. They want to air their RL feelings out fime dont do it in a fucking game!! We are here to have fun, not to hear some one bitch and moan about how my boyfriend dumped me oh woeies me. Get over it. It is a part of life. Not only is a person gonna get dumped they are gonna be betraied at some point in their life.

I am a brutally honest person. If key people dont like what I have to say, well dont read this. I like the people that are in this guild. I am here to stay, period. The only way that I am going to leave is if the Guild Master (Keri), or the Keeper say that I have to go. No if's, and's but's about it.

I am tired of the drama that is insueing in this guild. I am not here for that crap. If I have a problem with some one in the guild so the fuck what. There is nothing I can damb well do about it. I prob didn't invite them in. If I offend some one by typeing this shit (that shouldn't have to be said), do like Keri said before, bite a pillow or what ever you have to do to get over it. Most of you that know the character that I play know me to be a nice person. But when shit like this happens to people that I like and call not only guildmates but friends I tend to get kind of pissy.

Keri when you read this the only persons that I am gonna appoligize to is you and your keeper. You and I have talked and I know some of your side and we can talk more about it later it you like.

Remember people this is a game, REAL LIFE SHIT STAYS THAT WAY IN REAL LIFE. I think that persons that read this will agree with that.

Daszunes.

If you are looking for the guilty, you only need to look in the mirror.

-V for Vandetta-
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kramster20032
Plumbob

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2006-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Recent Developments   Recent Developments Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2006 6:28 am

I'd like to suggest going on some kind of guild outing just to get back being a guild instead of dwelling on past shit. Nothing fancy, maybe a Scarlet or something mid level or just simply decide to declare war on spiders and go on a rampage. Point is to just go and mess around and just have a good time.
Back to top Go down
Keriwen

Keriwen

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2006-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Recent Developments   Recent Developments Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2006 7:16 am

Since this is old news and over with..I'm going to lock the topic. But I want to keep it around, for future reference. As for a SM bullshit run, I think that sounds wonderful. Maybe we can plan something at our guild meeting Wednesday. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recent Developments   Recent Developments Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recent Developments
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Burnt Offerings :: Guild Announcements and News-
Jump to: