Burnt Offerings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burnt Offerings

General Discussion and News Relating to Burnt Offerings.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm soooo mad right now! (Little bit of an RL rant)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

I'm soooo mad right now!  (Little bit of an RL rant) Empty
PostSubject: I'm soooo mad right now! (Little bit of an RL rant)   I'm soooo mad right now!  (Little bit of an RL rant) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 2:49 pm

So I was out of town all day Saturday and most of Sunday (why none of you saw me this weekend) and I got back early evening Sunday night wanting get a little gaming in before bed. My roommate told me that someone had opened are window while we were both out (we live on the ground floor, but I put a dowel rod in the window track so it can't be opened more than two inches or so - no worries, I'm safe). Little scary, but no big deal. Something to mention, my computer is next to this window. I start up my computer and everything is freaking out. I restarted it a couple of times, but the same thing keeps happening. I narrow the problem down to the keyboard. I asked my roommate if she had any problems with the computer while I was gone. She said it was fine the last time she used it, but when she saw the window open, she found water all over the desk and keyboard and everything and said she cleaned it up. (sometimes when the sprinklers come on outside our apartment, it comes in the window, but it ususally just drips on the window sill) I've got a clear keyboard so I flip it upside-down and there's lot's of water sloshing around in it.

Her explaination of what happened has got to be the biggest load of crap I've ever heard. Since I've been playing WoW, I've been neglecting my house cleaning duties alittle (oops) and there's lots of books, papers, dust, junk, etc. in front of that window and none of them are ruined, disturbed, etc. Hell there's still dust on them, which wouldn't be there if they got wet and someone wiped them off. If she had just said, I spilled some water at the desk and some of it got into the keyboard - I'm really sorry. I'd have been upset, but I would have told that it's ok, no big deal, accidents happen. But instead she makes up this huge BS story that the boogie man opened our window and the sprinklers ruined my keyboard (that sits on one of those pull out trays under the desk) and nothing else.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Really what I'm saying all of this for is that I won't be on until I get a new keyboard - I just ordered one so it's coming in a couple of days.

See you all soon,
-Joce
Back to top Go down
Keriwen

Keriwen

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2006-08-31

PostSubject: Re: I'm soooo mad right now! (Little bit of an RL rant)   I'm soooo mad right now!  (Little bit of an RL rant) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 7:00 pm

Oh Joce!
That's rough, I think I'd of called her out on it..just because that would of been the kind of mood she'd of put me in. Hope the new keyboard comes in soon cause we miss you! Smile However, I know the feeling about having stuff spilled in the keyboard...once I spilled a whole glass of milk..or rather, the cats did. I didn't find it til it had done dried, so the keyboard worked relatively fine but you can imagine the smell! affraid Hope all is well and the keyboard comes fast!

Keri
Back to top Go down
Plumbob

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2006-10-12

PostSubject: Re: I'm soooo mad right now! (Little bit of an RL rant)   I'm soooo mad right now!  (Little bit of an RL rant) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 7:04 pm

Sorry to hear. I would have called her on the BS story; only to establish the fact that you are not stupid and she won't try it again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm soooo mad right now! (Little bit of an RL rant)   I'm soooo mad right now!  (Little bit of an RL rant) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 4:05 am

She's been hiding in her room all night, so I didn't say anything to her yet. Also the keyboard dried out and it seems to be working so far. At least I'll have a spare now. Smile

-Joce

p.s. Keri, please tell me you got a new one or at least hosed it off.
Back to top Go down
Keriwen

Keriwen

PostSubject: Re: I'm soooo mad right now! (Little bit of an RL rant)   I'm soooo mad right now!  (Little bit of an RL rant) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2007 8:19 am

I finally took it all apart and cleaned it. Very Happy Sooooo yeah, no more stink! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm soooo mad right now! (Little bit of an RL rant)   I'm soooo mad right now!  (Little bit of an RL rant) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 4:08 am

You guys didn't see me in game tonight because when I got home from work, I found my keyboard drowning again. This time it was really bad and now it's still in pieces on my coffee table drying - I got too tired to finish it tonight. I never realized how many pieces are in keyboards.

That girl is going to get it next time I see her - she hasn't come home yet. Hopefully, it will be working by Friday for the raid.

-Joce
Back to top Go down
Keriwen

Keriwen

PostSubject: Re: I'm soooo mad right now! (Little bit of an RL rant)   I'm soooo mad right now!  (Little bit of an RL rant) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 12:00 pm

Want me to beat her ass? Cause I will! ::flexes:: Nothing new going on, I was on for a bit..Smile Hopefully we'll have a turnout for the raid, I tried to schedule it at a time that I thought a lot of us would be available. Hm, I think I'd be kicking that girls ass. 1 time could be an accident but TWICE? Puh-lease! hehe Well, I'm off for a job interview, wish me luck! Even though ya likely won't get this til I'm already home tonight. cheers Score!

Keri
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm soooo mad right now! (Little bit of an RL rant)   I'm soooo mad right now!  (Little bit of an RL rant) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 1:16 pm

Good luck Keri!

I'm more upset that she didn't fess up to it. She has some problems with motor control so accidents happen at our place often enough. I was just hoping that she learned to not have an open bottle of water by the computer any more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm soooo mad right now! (Little bit of an RL rant)   I'm soooo mad right now!  (Little bit of an RL rant) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 5:26 pm

So, if you were curious how this all turned out, my roommate told me three nights ago she was moving out. I should mention that she waited until after I went to bed to come to the apartment with a friend, pack up all her stuff and left that night. Furthermore, if I hadn't woken up and asked what she was doing, she wouldn't have told me she was moving. Because of this, I may be moving soon to a new apartment, but in the same complex. That means that I might not have a lot of notice and I might disappear for a week or so do to not having internet while getting settled. I'm not leaving, it's just getting a little crazy IRL, but I'll be back shortly after it happens.

-Joce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm soooo mad right now! (Little bit of an RL rant)   I'm soooo mad right now!  (Little bit of an RL rant) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm soooo mad right now! (Little bit of an RL rant)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Burnt Offerings :: General Player-to-Player Discussion-
Jump to: