Burnt Offerings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burnt Offerings

General Discussion and News Relating to Burnt Offerings.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Possible Disban

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Keriwen

Keriwen

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2006-08-31

Possible Disban Empty
PostSubject: Possible Disban   Possible Disban Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 10:13 am

Here is how it is.

Basically, we've lost a lot of great players lately. I do know why. We have very few active members. So basically, with so much going on with me outside of the game..I can't be on every night in order to recruit..I'm not on to hold hands and keep people interested in the guild. I really wish there was something I could do. A few have suggested to crew a second guild..with only taking our active players. I ask why. Why not just delete everyone from our guild who isn't active..and work on recruiting more who are active. I don't know. I have no answers, I'm pretty disheartened actually, to be totally honest and have considered and may continue to consider just disbanning BtO as a whole. Which is hard for me because I'm oddly attached to the guild. I guess we'll just have to see. Opinions are welcome.

Keri
Back to top Go down

Possible Disban Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Disban   Possible Disban Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 6:59 pm

As I read this post it really makes me upset that you even suggest that you not being around as much is the reason the guild might disband. It's not her job to be the sole recruiter. We should all be trying to recruit new members and if you don't have the capabilities to add someone yourself - message someone in game to have them do it for you. It really is a shame that we've lost members, but it's no ones fault other than their own if they're unhappy about not having active palyers. As a level 47, I'm not going to go up to a 60 and say, " Hi wanna join our guild it's a lot fun!" because they'll think I want them to level me up to 60 and take time away from what they want to do. If we try to recruit people around our own levels, others will be more inclined to join because they'll know there will be someone around doing the same level of quests and dungeons. We all need to take some responsibility for this and not try to point fingers.

My point is, if you upset that they're aren't enough active players around, do something about it. I've been looking for people for a couple of weeks and everyone I end up in a group with (outside the guild) isn't someone I'd want to play with regularly. I haven't been on a good run with random people ever.

If I've spoken out of line or you think I have no idea what I'm talking about, fine. Give me the boot. But I joined this guild because I enjoyed running instances with you and I think that we've worked as a team pretty well. It's taken me a while to find a group of people I enjoy playing with and I don't see why we can't fix what we already have going.

-Joce
Back to top Go down
Plumbob

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2006-10-12

Possible Disban Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Disban   Possible Disban Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 6:05 am

Joce you hit on something important. Most high level players will want a guild with other high level players to do runs and stuff. That leaves us to recruit to lower level people. Only problem is that most lower level people are usually alts. Also there are peopel like me who have ten toons; I play 4 regularly, 2 sometimes and the rest are just my vendor and bank.

A lot of the lower level peopel want to level up and they would liek a higher level to take them to do it. At my last count we only had about 5 people in the 60s.

Recruiting: best way is to ask ungilded or unhappily guilded peoel to join after you do a run with them and can gauge how good they are. Personally I hate Pugs so i just dont join any therefore it is hard for me to get peopel unless i sit there and spam the cities.

We also need to be honest with ourselves and realize we are not a highly organized guild. That is what I love about it. Bunch of good people helping each other.

We should do a purge of the guild roster and talking with Das today about the confusion of mains and alts we should have title for peopel alts. My old guild titled them Siblings and Officer Sibling so people knew the officers were on. Also we need to encourage peopel to put on their comments who their alts are.

Gotta go to sleep but those are a few thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Keriwen

Keriwen

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2006-08-31

Possible Disban Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Disban   Possible Disban Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 1:12 pm

I really appreciate the comments and to be completely honest, I don't want a highly organized guild! Very Happy My only goal was a place for people to meet people, make friends, have fun, share real life stories and have a group of dependable players, who would if they could help each other out. Nothing like running about a big ass game and knowing very few. I never wanted a strictly organized guild, takes away the uniqueness of all it's members. As far as the disban goes, I can't even bring myself to doing it! So, I suppose for BtO to no longer exist, it'll take all our members quitting. hehe. So those who want to be stuck with me, are stuck with me. Smile

Keri
Back to top Go down
Plumbob

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2006-10-12

Possible Disban Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Disban   Possible Disban Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 12:21 am

If I'm gonna be stuck with you, and I speak for Das, we might need some pics.... Smile For those with an eye for greener pastures, and also to recruit really good people we can always have alts in other guilds as a way to network out. That is after all what many of us have when we put people in our friends list. This is good in order to be able to find people fo rruns without having to deal with Pugs. And in case you are all wondering, no I am not in any other guild. My toons are either guilded to Burnt or unguilded.
Back to top Go down
Daszunes
Admin
Daszunes

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2006-09-24

Possible Disban Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Disban   Possible Disban Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 12:16 pm

Keri, thank you, that is what I needed to hear. If your not going to disband the guild I am gonna stay. I dont want to leave this guild and I like it very much. It just makes me a ltiile upset that people will leave it with out a reason. Just one day up and go. Hell that shit happens in rl enough at least have the balls to say why you are leaving. Seeing how many people have left, and yes I do know what our highest number of people are that were in the guild, is upsetting. But I cant make them stop. Damb that free will. Smile

Fer those that are courious. We, at one point had 101 people in the guild, then Keri cleaned house. Belive me we needed it. It went down to 85 people. I havent been on as of yet so I dont know the new numbers. I even do census of what classes are in the guild. I have noticed that there is only one Dranei (hey I dont know how to spell it) in the guild.

very one is right. we need to recrute. It can be hard at times. trying to ask some one that you just partied with to join and and later they just quit . It's B.S. but it happens. Or the people are so stuipid that you wonder why you joined the group in the first place.

OKay enough of me ranting Smile. I will stop now...... No really I am stopping.......okay I am stopping now.

Das
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kramster20032
Sponsored content

Possible Disban Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Disban   Possible Disban Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possible Disban
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Burnt Offerings :: Guild Announcements and News-
Jump to: