Burnt Offerings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burnt Offerings

General Discussion and News Relating to Burnt Offerings.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Basics on Mages

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Keriwen

Keriwen

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2006-08-31

Basics on Mages Empty
PostSubject: Basics on Mages   Basics on Mages Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2006 5:07 am

Mages are the masters of powerful mystic magics, able to use magic in the most spectacular and destructive ways. Mages are a fragile class, with little health and poor fighting ability. However, they make up for this physical weakness with their awesome spellcasting, mages can dish out the most ranged damage in the shortest time.

They are made to blast the targets at a distance for the greatest damage, rogues dish a lot of damage as well by they require close combat. Mages have little capacity to defend themselves, if they run out of mana which is needed for casting, at much higher levels they can create mana stones that can instantly restore mana.

Basics on Mages Mage1
Back to top Go down
Plumbob

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2006-10-12

Basics on Mages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basics on Mages   Basics on Mages Icon_minitimeThu Oct 12, 2006 12:43 pm

The sweetest thing with mages is the frost tree. I usually can take on two to three same level and freeze them/slow them to the point that i rarely get hit. Good stuff
Back to top Go down
Adonzo

Adonzo

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2006-11-17

Basics on Mages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basics on Mages   Basics on Mages Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2006 9:32 pm

One of the best things with mages when they get higher is arcane! It allows you to cast more powerful arcane spells and quicker. Putting skills in Fire or Frost helps as well. Do not divide skill up between all 3.
Back to top Go down
Taglanthas

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2006-10-31

Basics on Mages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basics on Mages   Basics on Mages Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2006 9:39 am

While I don't have a Mage on this server I do play one on Kargath and they are one of the top three classes for me so far as far a sfun factor goes.

My guy is going to be 31 in Frost with some in Fire and enough in Arcane to be specialized in Wands (7 points 5 in improved arcane missiles and 2 in wand specialization). So I guess i aloready violated the principle of not spreading the talents over all three trees.

I do not kite things. I have enever been any good at that since my EverQWuest days. I guess I just prefer the one at a time kill them before they lay a paw onme type of Mage.

For Melee monsters, I hit them with Frost bolt and then as they are slowly coming towards me hit them with a Fire Ball and Fire Blast then jsut as they are closing for a hit they get a Frost Nova. I then back up a bit and hit them with another fire ball and usually a few wand hits or another Fire Blast will take them down. If they take more than this then they are too big for me to handle at that level and I will waitn anothe rlevel or two until I can handle them as described above.

Casters are much more fun and are handled much differently based on how they fight me. But I normall start with a Pyro Blast (much slower casting, higher damage Fire Ball) and then will follow up with a Counterspell as they normally lead off with their best spell, then either blast them with spells, arcane misslies is a favorite here and also wroks well in messing up melee attacks if timed properly, or just hit them with the wand over and over and over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Basics on Mages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basics on Mages   Basics on Mages Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Basics on Mages
Page 1 of 1