Burnt Offerings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burnt Offerings

General Discussion and News Relating to Burnt Offerings.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Basics on 'locks.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Keriwen

Keriwen

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2006-08-31

Basics on 'locks. Empty
PostSubject: Basics on 'locks.   Basics on 'locks. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2006 4:58 am

Warlocks are spellcasters that can summon demons to serve them, and they also cast many painful spells that slowly eat the life of enemies. Warlocks are physically weak class, but they compensate for this with their potent army of spells and their demonic pets.

Warlocks rely on their spells and their pets. Most of the warlocks most powerful spells require Soul Shards, these are obtained by killing a monster with the drain soul spell active. You only get a soul shard from a monster if you kill it, or the party kills it and then only if you recieve exp from the kill.

Warlock pets are acquired through quests at certain levels, once acquired the pet remains with the warlock unless dismissed. Summoning a pet takes a little time and energy from the warlock.

Basics on 'locks. Warlock
Back to top Go down
Plumbob

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2006-10-12

Basics on 'locks. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basics on 'locks.   Basics on 'locks. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 7:11 pm

Nowadays Warlocks are super strong; specially with the Fel guard in tow.
Back to top Go down
Taglanthas

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2006-10-31

Basics on 'locks. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basics on 'locks.   Basics on 'locks. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 7:58 am

Hmm . . .

I have two warlocks and one is going affliction and the other is destruction so neither will ever get the Felguard . . .

Perhaps I will rethink that Smile

They started by using their Voidwalkers almost excusivly until around level 35 or so when the damage from the voidwalkers was just too low to keep the attention of the monsters. Then I switched to Succubus who delivers a better punch but has not nearly the armor of the Voidwalker. I would just load on the DoTs and then blast away with my wand and about half way through the fight the monster would stop pounding the Succubus (good thing for her) and come after me. But with the Succubuss's great damage output they did little damage to little ole me before they died and if they dis score too many hits I would end the fight with DEath Coil and be good as new.

Then at 45ish I noticed that the succubuss was just not cutting it and switched back to the lesser damage Voidwalker and am once again doing just fine.

I have yet to find a use for that Felhunter Crying or Very sad

But that Felguard looks so nice . . .
Back to top Go down
Plumbob

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2006-10-12

Basics on 'locks. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basics on 'locks.   Basics on 'locks. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2007 4:03 pm

My lock is all demonology. Felguard keeps the aggro no matter what I do. For continuous fighting I send the guard, dot and send him to the next. While the guard is running away from the DOTed mob i hit the first mob with wand. When guard gets to second mob first is dead so I hot second with DoTs and transfer health to felguard. Then send him to thrid target and steal life from second mob as he chases the guard. Rinse repeat until I run out of mana.

On the occassions that I am fighting mana Mobs I switch between taking life and mana from mobs and can maintain the fight indefinitely Smile I do love the Warlock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Basics on 'locks. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basics on 'locks.   Basics on 'locks. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Basics on 'locks.
Page 1 of 1