Burnt Offerings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burnt Offerings

General Discussion and News Relating to Burnt Offerings.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PvP talent build -

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Darquenezz

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2006-10-14

PvP talent build - Empty
PostSubject: PvP talent build -   PvP talent build - Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 11:00 am

template for a hybrid-marksman, specifically for PvP.

I am still tweeking this build, but if you want to get a graet combo of 1) opening up ranged attack, and 2)melee survival, then this is really good -

A hunter w/ 2 1-h weapons, the slowest, heavy-hit bow/gun possible, etc. means big openers and survival if caught in a melee situation (long enough to get away)

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=VLZAV0RVzGust0Ghbt
Back to top Go down
Darquenezz

PvP talent build - Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP talent build -   PvP talent build - Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 11:01 am

and being a NE, w/ stealth kitty, helps too! (or warp chaser, or boar)
Back to top Go down
Plumbob

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2006-10-12

PvP talent build - Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP talent build -   PvP talent build - Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 2:41 pm

BTW DArq, you are a genius. last night I was able to use scare beast on some druids in BG's.

Right now my build is marksmanship and the rest in survival. To me my build is perfect for BGs, still not sure about Arena; some of them LOS is killing me. The silencing shot is a great one to have because of healers and locks making a fear run <===Most successful in BGs.

I have spoken to other hunters who swear by Beast Mastery build, problem with that one is if your pet dies so do most of the kick ass abilities. I still see a lot of hoardies in BGs who waste their time trying to kill my pet while I waste away at them.

Also, what you think/heard on having scorpids for pets? the poison is kinda weak but in arena every bit of damage helps? thoughts?

Tag...what you think?
Back to top Go down
Darquenezz

PvP talent build - Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP talent build -   PvP talent build - Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 8:16 pm

ok, a lot of playing, imho, breaks down to:

talent/builds

strategy

gear

and pet is like it's own separate.

for a great site about pets, go to petopia http://petopia.brashendeavors.net

cats have the most abilities, including prowl - which we have talked about. With eyes of the beast, it is invaluable.

boars have a charge/intercept/stun ability, which lots of hunters swear by.

wrp chasers have their warp ability

turtles have shell shield

wolves have a howl that adds to all physical attaks of allies

the big birds have swoop, which is a knockdown

(other pet, like gorrila and serpent/scorpid, have ability, too)

for arena, i think cat is still best. For most other BG, hmmm, harder to choose. But really something with dash.

as for scorpid, health is medium, armor high, and poison is good BUT poison can break some kinds of CC, like polymorph, hibernate, your own ice trap . . .

My hunter was specced BM; the key is that you have the best gear avail, since the patch change tied pet stats to you stats.

Take a careful look at the talent build I posted, and we can help get your gear/build sorted Smile
Back to top Go down
Darquenezz

PvP talent build - Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP talent build -   PvP talent build - Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 8:19 pm

for strategy, somewhwere here in forum, i post link for a download file from RapidShare.

In that file is Spugnort's PvP guide.

I thin k EVERYONE who wants to PvP should read it, again and again.

tell your PvP hunters to do so!!!
Back to top Go down
Plumbob

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2006-10-12

PvP talent build - Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP talent build -   PvP talent build - Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 9:30 pm

I looked intothe stalkers since the beam themselves right next to a target but with the way we roll of starting hidden it woud not work since they do not stealth on their own. At least mine did not when i had one for a bit.

The boar and the knockdown might be useful if followed by a silence and scatter for healers... buying the time to take down their healths.

For now my build works for the PvP that I do, since it is mostly BGs. But the pet thing is something i still want to tinker/practice with more.
Back to top Go down
Darquenezz

PvP talent build - Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP talent build -   PvP talent build - Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 1:56 am

okies, then it is 2 things, really:

there are 3 pet types - offensive, defensive, & caster.

caster pet (like windserpent) are just too fragile.

so, it is do you want an offensive pet? most BM specs choose an offensive pet - cat, raptor, strider, ravager, etc.

or defensive pet - turtle, scorpid, etc.

there are also hybrid pets, like gorilla, etc.

Again, Petopia can help

oh - did yu hear on PTR, the pre-made 70s start w/ a ghost wolf??? *^^* true!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PvP talent build - Empty
PostSubject: Re: PvP talent build -   PvP talent build - Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PvP talent build -
Page 1 of 1