Burnt Offerings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burnt Offerings

General Discussion and News Relating to Burnt Offerings.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Generic Rogue Information

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Keriwen

Keriwen

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2006-08-31

Generic Rogue Information Empty
PostSubject: Generic Rogue Information   Generic Rogue Information Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2006 3:49 am

As a player in this class, I might be a tad biased. But I have to admit, I didn't like my rogue until at least level 20, if not a few levels higher.

The rogue is the most lethal chracter class in the game, they are able to deal out the most damage in a short period of time. They can stealth and sneak past enemies to scout ahead, they can acquire combo points through hits and do a damage-dealing combo-hit near the end of a battle to do MASS amounts of damage.

With a level 34 Rogue, I can build up five combo points and perform Eviscerate and deal almost 220 in damage at once. Rogues can also sap a human target and knock them out, as long as the sapped target doesn't get hit they will remain that way for a small amount of time, giving players enough chance to kill off other mobs. Only one target can be sapped at a time. Rogues can also pick locks and pockets. Very Happy This is how to make money quick, stealth behind a human and pick a pocket to receive coins and items.

Generic Rogue Information Rogue
Back to top Go down
Edynol

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Generic Rogue Information   Generic Rogue Information Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 2:48 am

OK I know this topic has long been dead but I'm resurrecting it. lol.

You can get some really good items by picking pockets. True it is rare, but there some things only a rogue can get through pick pocketing. Though you mostly just get money or some junk item to sell, it is well worth practicing this skill.

The best thing I have gotten so far is from an Orc in Redridge where I got the recipe for Enchant Weapon - Minor Beastslaying, which my mage has made quite a few gold off of. Smile lol.

Also, if you have a rogue and are trying to decide a trade skill, the best ones for rogues are Herbalism and Alchemy because you can use the same bottles(Empty Bottles, leaded Bottles, etc.) for making poisons, which is prettymuch a branch off of alchemy. So you could say the rogue has an advantage for it can basicly have 3 trade skill where as all other classes can only have 2. Also, some poisons call for the occasional herb or plant and it's better to already have those means rather than buying stuff at the AH or other players who like to overcharge.

And if you're wondering who makes the best rogue, it has to be humans. For those who like to dual wield swords, humans have the bonus damage with swords. But besides that, one of the best skills for any type of rogue, humans have Perseption which decreasews stealth by 20%! I can walk through enemies my level and lower without them detecting me when I activate perception. Now some may say Night Elves make better rogues because of their agility boost, but that doesn't make up for the damage boost and increased stealth humans have.

Well that's it for now. I'll add more when I feel like it. lol. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Pyrotessa

Pyrotessa

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Generic Rogue Information   Generic Rogue Information Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 3:08 pm

From my experience so far, I've really enjoyed the mutiltate build. 41/20/0, Keep in mind that you need to be full on poisons. Poisons are key to your crit on mutilate. And it packs a punch. Combo points seems to stack regulary during 5 man instances. Although that's for rogues who are familiar with 60+ in level. I can offer advice for 60+ because I am much more familiar with Outlands rather than old places. I'm running a mage through so that doesn't help in this field of expertise. Rogues for professions I think can go either way. Skinning/leatherwork for armor. Make some money off sknning. Mining/skinning if you want the best way to make money. Alchemy/herbs for potions. Those the best benefits for a rogue in the end. And pleaes please please don't forget first aid. This applies to any class. It is a must. Trust me. And lock picking is a must as well. Would hate to see that locked boxed get passed up on just because you're slacking in the lock picking area.
Back to top Go down
Darquenezz

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2006-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Generic Rogue Information   Generic Rogue Information Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 8:29 pm

Rogue weapons -

mh, you always want the SLOWEST dagger you can find - 1.7 or higher.

For off hand, it depends on your race and talents. most time, the FASTEST weapon that match your talent and race bonuses; non-humans often choose a double-dagger build; fist weapons tend to be fastest in game.

If you have a race bonus (like human w/ mace or sword), you might want to go with one of those, and the match spec. humans also get race diplomacy, which makes rep grind soooooo much bettter. It get beetter and better as you level.

NE get both a stealth and dodge bonus.

gnome are small (which is great), eng bonus, and the freedom ability.

dwarves get a gun bonus, iron skin, and - best! - track treasure. and a little smaller, too.

rogue, to me , is hardest to spec. You look at talent tree, and want everything!!! lol.

so try looking at different people geat/builds
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Generic Rogue Information   Generic Rogue Information Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Generic Rogue Information
Page 1 of 1