Burnt Offerings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burnt Offerings

General Discussion and News Relating to Burnt Offerings.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Post your ideas, thoughts and desires for the guild

Go down 
+3
Keriwen
Drelgan
Plumbob
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Plumbob

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2006-10-12

Post your ideas, thoughts and desires for the guild Empty
PostSubject: Post your ideas, thoughts and desires for the guild   Post your ideas, thoughts and desires for the guild Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 7:35 pm

Hey Everyone:

We want to have a guild meeting, usually because of all the different tiem zones it is hard to get everyone on so this is the next best thing. We want to hear ideas, thoughts, questions, comments and desires for the guild.

What we know for sure is we want to redo the ranks, we want to have class leaders who are active, organize guild raids (avoids hassles of PUGs Smile ) and maybe get off the ground an Arena Team.

Please speak up and share ideas and such. We'd like to hear form everyone.
Back to top Go down
Drelgan

Drelgan

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Post your ideas, thoughts and desires for the guild   Post your ideas, thoughts and desires for the guild Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 10:34 pm

i reckon Guild Champion would be a cool rank to have,maybe could replace Uber active or maybe it can be a lvl 70 rank i dunno
Back to top Go down
Keriwen

Keriwen

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2006-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Post your ideas, thoughts and desires for the guild   Post your ideas, thoughts and desires for the guild Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 12:44 am

I think redoing the ranks is a great idea! I know- I'm not in the guild with Keri and have no real say. But my true reason to post here was to tell you guys I missed you! And to also say, should any of you ever need help.. Or require the aid of a rogue or priestess, you know how to find me. Mynora is level 64 and Keri just hit 65 tonight. Smile So, I'm game to tag along if you guys need the dps or a healer (though I hate healing, I'd do it for you.)

Hope all is well!! Miss you!

Keri
Back to top Go down
Daszunes
Admin
Daszunes

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2006-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Post your ideas, thoughts and desires for the guild   Post your ideas, thoughts and desires for the guild Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 12:50 am

Awww Keri,we miss you to sweety. Youknow you can come back any time you want to. :-)

We would welcomeyou back wit arms open wide.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kramster20032
Taglanthas

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2006-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Post your ideas, thoughts and desires for the guild   Post your ideas, thoughts and desires for the guild Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 8:42 am

Have been waitign for others to chime in but, alas it seesm that not all that many folk come to these forums pale

The idea of guild raids, instances, group quests etc is very appealing. Unfortunately what I am seeing more of in the guild is high levels taking REALLY low level (far below the lower level limit for the instance) folk through instances. We need to be carefull that we do not become a guild for 'power leveling' folk to 70 only to have them jump ship and go with 'a more active' guild for level 70 fun and games.

I know I have a whoile bunch of group quests or dungeon quests in my quest log that I would love to clear out and I am sure that other folk do to and I would gladly help them out. And a guild group would be really cool way to do this some day.

I have no problems with taking someone of the appropriate level through a dungeon in hopes of them gettign some uber piece of gear or other drops for them but I WILL NOT hold some character's hand through a dungeon they have absolutely no business being in!

We need more guild events. They do not all have to be raids or instances in my mind just something to bring us together for some fun reason.

Lastly it seems that all the extroverts have left and all us introverts still here are really bad at recruiting and all the other things it takes to grow a guild. We need to get some of those extroverts back so they can recruit us up a storm. I know I am lousy at recruiting which is why I have not gotten involved with that to date. We need to get some foolk in guild that are good at that so we can resume growing and expanding and stoping the exodus of folk that get to 70 and leave for a more active guild.
Back to top Go down
Daszunes
Admin
Daszunes

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2006-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Post your ideas, thoughts and desires for the guild   Post your ideas, thoughts and desires for the guild Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 3:47 pm

I am in agreeance with the fact that I will absolutly not hold a hand for some one for their leveling experance if they dont belont in that instance. I have multiple characters that are in this guild some know others arent. But I have no problem in switching to characters that are known to HELP with an instance. LIke My hunter. If we have a group of 5 well it is nice to have that pet to do some tanking. Not Dasz takeing a level 25 through Sunken Temple. That is just, well..... holding a hand. I like getting those Red quests out of the way as much as the next person. But I aint gonna ask Plumb or Darq to take say Cardrina to, oh, blasted lands just so they can do all the work in killin stuff while I sit back and watch.

As for recruting. Well, I can understand that there are people that are introverts. I understand that there are people that are extroverts. There are recruters and there arent people that are socially inclined. To be honest it is the resposobility of all to make this guild fun and flurish and in a small way that is to recrute. Even if it means that you only get one or two people in a month, at least you did get some one. We would like for people to get more. But hey that is the way it works sometimes. What I find that works is to make a recruting Macro. I did that way back when when I tried to recrute alot. It works and there were some good people that were in the guild. Try it out you never know how it may work out. Plus it is less typein that you will have to do when you feel the urge to click the recrute macro. :-P

I do like the rank that you thought of Tag. good call. I can back that all the way. As far as the ranking system goes. I am all fer changin it around. The only thing that I ask is that I am not the Druid Class Leader. I was that once. I liked it even. But I dont want to do it again. I'm not on enough to be doing Class Meetings like there should be. ((Yes Plumb I kbnow I have a lack of class. Hey look I know you! :-) )

Raids and instances are fun. They are the best when there is a guild to do them with and when people accually show to do it. I have seen in the past that this guild has had it's share of Raids. All of them alot of fun. We have had guild raids and the far and inbetween group raids with our alliances (when we were able to do such a thing). I hope that if there is a Raid of some kind that people accually show up. I ccan pretty much think that there would be at least 4 or 5 people that would show. I hope that I am wrong in that amount, that there will be more. But that number is my guess at the moment.

I have alot of opinions of the players that are in this guild all good, very few are bad. None of them (currently) are so bad that I have suggested that they be kicked out of the guild. But belive me If I hear that there is something that is bad being said about some one, I will investigate it, ask questions and then talk to Darq and Plumb before I come to a decision of wether or not kicking them out. I would think that the people that do know me in game would know that I dont do this litely. But if I find that you are messing up and it is true. Bye, you are outa this guild, and you can find another that will put up with it.

Okay I have said enough. I will see you all in game. Have a good day and have a ass crap load of fun!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kramster20032
Plumbob

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2006-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Post your ideas, thoughts and desires for the guild   Post your ideas, thoughts and desires for the guild Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 4:18 pm

Yes Tag, i have a bunch of outland raids i need to do on both Cali and Plum. I am usually on after 9:30 pm daily. SOmeweekdays i can be on earlier if we plan an event. I agree on not taking peopel too low through an instance they have no business being in; although sometimes I enjoy timing myself through SM Smile

Dasz I love you!!! You know me well enough to beat me to the no class punch line.

Yes we definietly have been slacking on planned guild events; although I do see a number of times when guildies are out questing together. Gives me warm fuzzies.

As soon as Darq gets back I want to redo ranks, get our class leaders up and going so we can concentrate on events/recruiting.
Back to top Go down
PBMom

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Post your ideas, thoughts and desires for the guild   Post your ideas, thoughts and desires for the guild Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 9:50 am

As far as hand holding through an instance, I think like Plum I try to turn it into a timed event for myself. I don't mind helping anyone do this for some quick xp (don't get near enough though with a 70 running it for you).

What I think might be a solution would be to put up a weekly planner type thing, where we can do specific runs at specific times during the week. Heck it doens't have to be weekly even, but the object would be for those that want/need that particular run. I really like the idea of the Sunday 4pm Server Time Run, and think this is really just carrying it a tad further.

Something like:

Monday - DM
Tuesday - WC
Wednesday - SM

You get the idea. Could be a rotating schedule of "guides" too, the overall idea is to level as many of our toons as possible so that we have more options through out. The best course of events would probably be for those with characters at the appropriate level grouping on those days and just running it, though having a 70 along just seems to be more time efficient.

Don't know if an administrator can add a topic along these lines or not. Would also like to see some PVP premades come along, but suppose all that are interested are already in an arena team.

I also fully realize that few of us like the "structured thing" too. So any ideas to help make "helping one another" more prevalent would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Dalatain Swift

Dalatain Swift

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Post your ideas, thoughts and desires for the guild   Post your ideas, thoughts and desires for the guild Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 12:28 am

I think that would be an awesome idea, there are 2 things to look out for though. #1 we need a dedicated leader, someone who will lead the instances every time at the right time. #2. Consistency, chances are this idea will fade away or we wont have very many people showing up, the key to making this successful is to keep it going, it will catch on and then we will have a blast. We cant get discouraged by a few weeks of only 1-2 people showing up, or none for that matter. just keep pressing and letting the guildies know what their missing out on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post your ideas, thoughts and desires for the guild   Post your ideas, thoughts and desires for the guild Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post your ideas, thoughts and desires for the guild
Page 1 of 1