Burnt Offerings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burnt Offerings

General Discussion and News Relating to Burnt Offerings.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Character History

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Drelgan

Drelgan

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-04-21

Character History Empty
PostSubject: Character History   Character History Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 7:58 am

I know some of us roleplay, i was just interested in the background behind some of your chars,(if any) Im still trying to think of a background for Drel and this would help with ideas for me,so post Away!

Drelgan.
Back to top Go down
Corr

Corr

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Character History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character History   Character History Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 1:25 am

I've never really delved into the role playing side, but really wish my current character had a story for some reason. My main was shooed into her guild through connections when she first started, and loves it there. But then I hit a period where I wanted to have a backup place to go....that's when I finally guilded by 20 something warlock at the time, and went with Burnt Offerings. I stayed quiet and then went back to focusing on my main for many months. When I came back, I dove right into harassing people in the guild, playing around, and most of all, trying to get people involved because some people so desperately wanted it. In that sense, it feels like Corrista should have a story to tell....she should have some history to her, because well, she does, in her own way, and now she's continuing to build it.....but not in the role playing kind of way....yet.

I just don't really have time to think about all the specifics and don't know how I'd go about writing it, per se, either. One of these days maybe...one of these days....
Back to top Go down
Taglanthas

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2006-10-31

Character History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character History   Character History Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 9:17 am

Tag was born so I could 'test out' the RP environment. I already had a full slate of Alliance folk on Kargath (Tears of Vengence is their guild) and Horde folk on Dalaran (Clan Seppuku) so Tag was on his own here.

I have never been really big on background stories prefering for my characters to forge their own stories as they progress through their worlds. I picked a Night Elf Hunter as I love the hunter class, believe them best able to fend for themselves and already had Dwarf, Orc, Troll and at that time Tauran covered. I made him a Blacksmith (Axesmith / miner) as I know I tend to play 'different' (different views on what is important etc) from most others so figured those would be a nice 'noncomformist' professions for a night elf - heck there isn't even a forge in Darnassus . . .

Tag tends to mirror me (as do most of my characters) with regards to being a 'lone wolf'. He is independent and quite opinionated but doesn't really share those opinions unless asked for the most part. He rarely asks for help (but will start more now that more and more quests / activities really lend themselves to more than one character doing them).

Since Tag was the last (well until Draenei and Blood Elves came around . . .) character created he was in no big rush to get guilded. I knew that I would not be a big part of any guild until he reached 70 and would be able to solo easily the entire way as he did (He still has the entry quests for Ramparts and the other Burning Crusades dungeons to do). He ran into people along the way that asked him to join their guilds and did and they eventually folded and he was on his own again. He ran into Keriwen (who I still talk with from time to time in game) and became a member of Burnt Offerings.

Tag continues to be a lone wolf but is trying to be more of a social type which is quite a change for him and me . . .

I believe - and firmly so - that gear does not define a character. How they play and interact with others does. Gear helps the survival aspects of the game but I laugh when I read posts on the WoW forum (where I post under the name of Gragnar my original Tauran Shaman character) wher they cry about loosing fights due to being outgeared.

I am not big into PvP (see no real reason to kill other players who are only trying to advance their characters and survive in a violent world) but am willing to try since it seems many are going in that direction in this guild.

I also am one of those that believe that just the fact that I am playing a Night Elf Hunter in a world full of magic and beasties makes what I do each night in game roleplaying. Thees and thous and talking like a drunken sailor or a jamacian musician do not make you a roleplayer. Some folk do the language thing quite well but most do not pull it off well at all. So I talk in guild and general chat channels like I would in the real world. More roleplaying would be very cool on this or any other server but I am also a realist and do not hold my breath waiting. One of the main detriments to more roleplaying is probably the lack of a unified definition of just what that is (ask 10 people and get 10 different answers) and folk that would like to 'roleplay' getting beat down by the masses telling them 'They are doing it wrong . . .' Neither condition can I change so I just go with the flow.

LoL see, even being a lone wolf I can ramble with the best of them . . .
Back to top Go down
Disaresta

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2006-10-21

Character History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character History   Character History Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 4:19 pm

LoL yeah those RP elitists can be killer.. You're right, RP isn't about speaking in a certain way, it's more about rolling with the changes. It takes a mesh of different RP personalities to create a sort of story, and the maturity of all to not cry foul when someone does something in-character that may not follow your own idea of what ought to happen.

Personally I find that WoW doesn't lend itself all that well to RP as it remains basically a static world until the next patch. I loved RPing on the old NWN servers in a persistant world where your interactions could potentially change the landscape, either politically or otherwise. If you raised enough funds to build a church, it got built etc..
Back to top Go down
Plumbob

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2006-10-12

Character History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character History   Character History Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 5:06 pm

I gotta confess I did not know wha tRP was until Plum(my main and first toons Smile ) was somewhere in the 40s. I came to this server becasue Rl was here, he has an alt in guild Miagisan.

Aside for that I find some of the Rp Nazis silly when they tell you something is RP enough or not. Invariably they think you have to speak in old english or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Character History Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character History   Character History Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Character History
Page 1 of 1