Burnt Offerings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burnt Offerings

General Discussion and News Relating to Burnt Offerings.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Read Please

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Plumbob

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2006-10-12

Read Please Empty
PostSubject: Read Please   Read Please Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 3:20 am

Hello everyone:

There seems to be a malaise (i like that word) that has come over the guild. SOme stuff is personality clashes, others is lack of raiding or intance running. We had ninjas and asses and what not. Stuff liek that happens in every group. The last batch of people we recruited either left or is here chugging along. We are now working on having MT and healers for our runs. We have had some people leave for a number of reasons, this does not mean the guild is coming to en end. It is actually normal thing for us to loose people and in the process pick up a few. If you have any concerns please let me know. As all groups we are nto for everyone and not everyone will fit in; thats life. It's just like dating. Any concerns or issues please let an officer know or sahoot me a game e-mail if im not on.

Reminders: if you have a problem with someone tell them in a friendly manner, it doesn't work then talk to one of the officers and/or add to your ignore list... if you do not do this then you are a glutton for punishment so don't complain.

If you wanna run an instance... plan the event using the calendar addon or just contact individual people you wanna come along. Have some initiative... we (The Guild) is not here to plan your gaming time Smile

If you have any ideas for somethign fun to do PLAN them and get others interested.

we are being more open to recruiting again, please do not pick up starys form trade channel. If you run with someone you like or have a friend that you think will fit in to guild please have an officer invite them along; just no trade channel starys cause those dont ususally work out Smile

Otherwise HAVE FUN!!!!
Back to top Go down
Daszunes
Admin
Daszunes

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2006-09-24

Read Please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Read Please   Read Please Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 2:35 pm

One thing that I found out is that their is a known glich in WoW with new people commin into a new guild from an old one. I will explain:

Say newbie #1 left their guid fer X reason, and is spammin fer a new guild. Some one in then new guild picks them up and takes them in. Newbie #1 is at the lowest rank ato start. (here is the glitch) New guild still recognizes the old guild rank and allows the newbie #1 full access that they had when they were in the old guild. That means the access that they had in old guild to money, items and what not is still active.

What I suggest is that new recruts be promoted to the highest rank then demoted to the lowest then promoted to what they should be at to prevent this. I do know that this has happened to another guild and they make it policy to do that.

Last edited by Daszunes on Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kramster20032
Plumbob

Read Please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Read Please   Read Please Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 5:17 pm

WOW!!!! That is good to know, THANKS.
Back to top Go down
Taglanthas

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2006-10-31

Read Please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Read Please   Read Please Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 7:48 am

I agree that we seem to be stagnating. Like I have said before we seem to be a group of soloists at heart which means none of us are all that good at recruiting. And the guild does not grow.

Loosing our 70's that go off 'to get the raid experience' will only happen more if we do not get more active with each other and in gettign more of us to 70. Personally that is one reason I play so many characters. I have 3 70's and one is active in Kharazan and hopefully other instances as well so I do not need to be doing the instances with all of my folk. Tag is more than happy to assist this guild drow and prosper and hoipefully get to Kharazan and beyond with guild runs.

Most of us have turned to the PvP area for further advancement and while that may be interesting for a short while for Tag he is not goint to be running battlegrounds every time he is on as I find them boring and unfufilling personally. So he will continue to putz around with what he can do now and participate in guild runs when he is available and someone talks about it before it happens. And he will run to 80 in the next expansion and I will have a Deathknight on this server soon after that expansion.

As for recruiting. I heartily agree that we need to avoid picking up those that advertise "looking for a good guild" in any chat channel. To the vast majority of them a good guild = one that will hold their hand through instances 10 levels higher than they have any right ot be in, give them free loot and gold and they will be gone within 30 seconds of hitting 70 or getting a better offer from another guild.

To build a lasting guild we need to be aware of those we group with and in the rare instance we find someone who plays well and is not guilded (or who plays well and asks about our guild indicating a possible interest) ask if they are interested in joining.

We could try guild building events in low level afreas but my experience with this is you spend a bunch of time in an area helping folk and a few will join up but most of them will leave when a better offer comes aorund. Guild building seems to just be a slow steady process of finding good players and tryign to keep them interested in guild building.
Back to top Go down
PBMom

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Read Please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Read Please   Read Please Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 11:20 am

I think we can also start working on "getting to know each other" while pvping as well, often as you said we "go our own way" while we're on. I would think that a few us grouping up in the BG's would make them alot less frustrating, it would also develop some teamwork across the board.

Since I'm a dolt, I don't know much about the other "raiding" (jumping into cities hot I guess) but am willing to learn.

I think in the meantme I will continue to work the paly and priests alts so that we will eventually have some more healers on call.
Back to top Go down
Plumbob

Read Please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Read Please   Read Please Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 3:06 pm

Tag... you nailed it. Our best experience in picking people has been because we grouped and found them to be good people. The other reality is that we are a social guild too. It is safe to say that we are in this guild cause we are friends (in that online way) and do help each other.

We do go on instances and do things together, real problem is that we do not "schedule" them. Lauste is back and will be the Raid Leader.

Sundays 4ish server will be raiding night. We will eb getting our tanks and healers geared and also work on running together and earning rep too.

The thing when people leave for raiding guilds... it is great, that is a point of contact to build up friends list. The guil should not be THE ONLY source fo people. As a matter of recruitment it would be good to have 3/4 guildies and puging the remainder (for 5 mans) so we can try fishing new people.

Most people that get picked up in lower lvls leave. But not all. We have a few lower lvls who are pretty cool and we should try to help them. So long as it is not a "take me throug hthe har dinstance i have no business being in:) "
Back to top Go down
Dalatain Swift

Dalatain Swift

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Read Please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Read Please   Read Please Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 6:00 pm

I definately agree with Tag and Plum, i was picked up from some people in this guild because i grouped with them, and saw the support and fun they had with each other. I have been with this guild since before i was lvl 40, and had no extra toons. Now im a 70 rogue, with numerous other chars. I have been offered to join some of the largest raiding guilds because of my apparent "PVP pwnage skills" i thought he was dillusional. But i would never think of leaving this guild because Plum is right we are friends, thats why im so excited to play wow again, not for my 70 rogue, or the gameplay or anything, but because this guild is awesome, and i have built a friendship with alot of you and i wouldnt trade that for any raiding gear Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Daszunes
Admin
Daszunes

Read Please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Read Please   Read Please Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 2:58 pm

Awwwww, thanks Dal! /guild hug Dalatan.

I feel the same way. Their are times that I really want to get on a plane and strangle people, but then I realize, I dont have that kind of money to waste. :-D

I missed this weekend fer the weekly run, Kimii wanted to plan something and asked me to assist. Yeah Kimii I am puttin you on the spot. :-) But next week I did put on the calender for Mech. Let me know if people can make it. I dont think that I out the time on their correctly. But I think that it is gonna be at the usual time. 4:15ish p.m. server time.

Last edited by Daszunes on Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : For got to put stuff.)
Back to top Go down
Dalatain Swift

Dalatain Swift

Read Please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Read Please   Read Please Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 12:34 am

the mech? im in if im there. unless its not a 70's instance lol, i forget. and if i need to be keyed let me know k? im stoked to be back soon
Back to top Go down
Plumbob

Read Please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Read Please   Read Please Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 1:52 am

No longer need to be keyed to anyting to get in. Just have to hav esomeone open the door. Mech does nto need key anyhow Smile
Back to top Go down
Daszunes
Admin
Daszunes

Read Please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Read Please   Read Please Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 4:19 am

If their is a key requirement, wich isnt since Plumb says so, I will pick the lock with Card. She needs no stinking key!
Back to top Go down
Dalatain Swift

Dalatain Swift

Read Please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Read Please   Read Please Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 2:30 pm

Woot for lockpicking! thats what i gotta work on with dal hes 3 points from the max and still has that lockpicking gloves from darq Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daszunes
Admin
Daszunes

Read Please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Read Please   Read Please Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 5:53 pm

What I have done to raise mine in the past is to spam the trade channel to open lockboxes fer tips. Not only a good way to raise your skill but you can make a good amount of gold. I about 5 minutes I made 30g openin 5 lockboxes.
Back to top Go down
Dalatain Swift

Dalatain Swift

Read Please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Read Please   Read Please Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 11:06 pm

nice. i found the best way to lvl them up is to pickpocket the junkboxes off of appropraite lvl mobs, (humanoids). if there within 1-2 lvls of you they usually drop junkboxes that will almost garuanteed raise your skill. i think i went from 330-365 in like 15 mins of just pickpoketing and lockpicking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Read Please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Read Please   Read Please Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Read Please
Page 1 of 1