Burnt Offerings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burnt Offerings

General Discussion and News Relating to Burnt Offerings.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Important!!! READ THIS

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Keriwen

Keriwen

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2006-08-31

Important!!! READ THIS Empty
PostSubject: Important!!! READ THIS   Important!!! READ THIS Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2006 9:09 pm

I want to take a moment to do a little self-expressing here. We've had some issues lately that have really been disheartening.

Why we schedule things
We schedule things in advance, so that people can make time to be there if they wish to. Most recently, we've scheduled to run a raid on a horde city, at the guild meeting everyone expressed a lot of interest. People were going to recruit outside the guild, it was going to be a very large event sponsored by BtO...I even elected -two- people to recruit, Jacianda and Tingleberry. It sounded like a great idea, everyone was stoked..we even took time to decide the best day and time...So monday at 3p Server rolls around..guess who is there? Only my most dedicated, the people I can ALWAYS count on. Jardain, Tag, Dis. If you don't like this, too bad- it's the truth. They (among some others) are the ones I can count on most to be there, to be ready to do things. Furthermore, we waited near an hour for other people to sign in..people who EXPRESSED interest. No one comes. The others who do sign on, have other things to do. So tell me, why we schedule things? Same goes for guild meetings, these things are in the message of the day days to weeks in advance and our turnout is pitiful.

Bad Mouthing Guildies

I will not stand for this. If you have something bad to say about another guild member, and you absolutely cannot hold it in.. go talk to a pillow. I will not have my members badmouthed, I don't care -what- the circumstances are. Guildchat is not there to be utilized for trash talking other guildies. I understand things happen, you need to vent, someone pisses you off.. take it to me, Jardain..any of the officers. We all get pissed but we are not advertising our dirty, pissy laundry on guildchat, it's negative.

Class leader duties
It is very important that our class leaders are active members in the guild, as this is a very important rank and very vital when later levels come. If you are not or cannot be available to others at a pretty regular basis, class leader is not for you. I will demote, don't take it personally.

Ask for help
ONLY IF YOU INTEND TO GIVE HELP IN RETURN. Do not beg for help from us, if you intend not to help out in return. Furthermore, do not ask for help doing something..only to be bossy the whole way through. And..when a group isn't moving, don't run headfirst into a mob and scream for help from the higher levels..it's not happening. I'm not babysitting. I'm not mommying.. We are all mature, smart individuals so lets act it.

Looting Rules
For all the time I've played this game, I've found this rule to be the best.. Only roll need/greed on items that are BoE (Bind on equip) Do not roll need/greed on items that are BoP (bind on pickup) Everyone passes on BoP and then those who need it, /roll. This is our looting rules, they work, they are effective and they keep everyone happy.

We are not a catchall
If you quit the guild, decide you don't like your new guild..and come back. That's fine. If you quit a second time, to try out another guild. That's it. We are not here to be your backup, incase you don't like a guild.. It's not happening. For instance, Glis has quit the guild twice now. He's not welcome back. Sorry to use a specific name, but I want people to understand this. Also, we are not a guild for twinks.. If you intend to have a twink and level it to 60, awesome! You're welcome here, if you have a twink that you are only leveling to a specific level..then I suggest you find a twink guild..as that's not contributing to us in any way except to take up a number in our member-list.

If I think of more I want to add, I'll make a new post. I'm not trying to bitch, to badmouth, to upset anyone. I just have had some issues lately and they do not please me. I'd rather have a guild of 30 members who are dedicated, awesome players..who are helpful and nice, rather than to have a guild full of 100 players where only half of them are worth anything. I'm not on here to hold hands and play leader, I come on here to have fun as well..and deal with shit when there is shit to deal with, lets not make more shit just for lack of better things to do.
Back to top Go down
Disaresta

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2006-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Important!!! READ THIS   Important!!! READ THIS Icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2006 11:06 pm

There's some things Keri has touched on here that we all need to keep in mind at all times, and a few things I'd like to add my own 2 cents to as well. Everything that was said here is definitely deserved, one way or another. If we commit to doing something, we either have to follow through or give some sort of notice that you cannot fulfill your obligation. It really is disappointing when the time comes and most people just don't show up without a word. We need to learn to respect one another better than that.

In particular, Class Leader duties are something I take very seriously. It is not a prestige position. We have responsibilities and are supposed to be among the best representatives of the guild, and we have to act as such. We all realize that real life stuff happens and you can't make every event, but if that's going to be the case then try to give some advance notice. Nobody died and made me king of the class leaders, but I really want us to be setting a good example for the rest of the guild through attendance, availability, helpfulness (that doesnt mean farming your gear for you), loyalty, accountability, and general good behaviour.

Asking for help is another subject where a lot of people seem to be confused. Help is available to you through the guild, but it needs to be understood guild members have their own affairs to attend to as well. When a player hits level 60, it does -not- mean he or she has nothing else to do anymore. In fact that's when they have the MOST to do. Although we encourage our members to make themselves available to help guildies at times, I for one cannot help you do the following:

Farm Gear - I will make the odd exception if it involves helping others with gear in an instance in the process, or if I'm really not busy, but I can't spend all day running someone through an instance for gear. Sorry.

Help if I'm busy elsewhere - Sometimes I have a lot to do, sometimes I have nothing to do. If I'm busy, I'm sorry but I can't help you for the time being. Please do not attempt to guilt me or continue to ask me to help you out, I just can't help you at the moment.

Help you do something you should be able to do on your own - This normally means that you want to do something way beyond your level right now, but you want me to do it for you. Sorry, but there are other things your own level you can do.

Help you 15 times a day - I can help you out once in awhile but as stated earlier, I can't spend my whole day doing it.

Those are just very simple, common-sense things to think about when asking anyone for help. Being helped out is a priviledge, not a right. Respect the people who offer their help and you just might get it a lot more often. I don't feel I'm contradicting the spirit of the guild and helping each other by asking you to consider the above first, so please do so. It's my responsibility to help out fellow members when I can, but I need to reach my own goals as well. Hope you all understand.
Back to top Go down
Plumbob

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2006-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Important!!! READ THIS   Important!!! READ THIS Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 1:30 am

I guess I have missed a few things in the past couple weeks Sad Sadly RL decided totake a crap on me on Thanksgiving week but things are getting better. I shoul dbe able to be back on almost nightly like I used to.

I agree with the things posted here, they are the fast track to wrecking a guild. The only thing I want to add is that if someone is new to the game and in the guild to please let them know certain things like the looting rules since this may cause thema lot of grief in and out of the guild.
Back to top Go down
Disaresta

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2006-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Important!!! READ THIS   Important!!! READ THIS Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 2:44 am

Real life stuff definitely comes first, all we ask is that if you've committed yourself to a guild event to try and notify an organizer that you can't make it. Not being able to make it to an event, or the need to reschedule it is not a crime... but it'd be a shame if an event people were looking forward to just suddenly flopped because some people flaked on it to watch NASCAR or something. That -is- a crime. Watching NASCAR... why, you should be locked up! Smile I think what we're really after here is to avoid another morale pummeling experience like tonight.

It may not seem like a big deal to some people that this was cancelled, but try not to forget that some were looking forward to it as a guild-building event where we could do something fun together. Keeping stuff like this in mind is much more important than who is at fault for what. Anyways, we'll try not to let this discourage us from trying to schedule fun activities in the future. Chin up!
Back to top Go down
Plumbob

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2006-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Important!!! READ THIS   Important!!! READ THIS Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 3:05 am

WHat you really need to say is "people, have some courtesy and manners" Smile

BTW: shoul dbe a guild requirement to not watch NASCAR lol
Back to top Go down
Keriwen

Keriwen

PostSubject: Re: Important!!! READ THIS   Important!!! READ THIS Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 4:01 am

Thank you guys, for understanding. Its nice. Gnomo, I hope real life settles down for you. Smile Merry Gaming all! We'll try to reschedule the event, for another time.
Back to top Go down
Jardain

Jardain

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2006-09-05

PostSubject: Well said!   Important!!! READ THIS Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 10:42 am

Thanks Keriwen for the much appreciated post.

For a guild to be truly successful, we have to respect one another. I encourage high lvl players to help others attain the same level, BUT - low lvl player MUST understand that we high lvl's have goals to achieve as well (Like Dis pointed out).

If I help you out one day - don't expect me to drop everything - every time you ask for help. If I tell you I'm busy with something and that I'll help you another day - DON'T pst me 5 or 6 more times asking for my help again.

Bottom line - I love helping out the guild - I'll help in anyway I can. BUT - I want to enjoy the game to, and that means I would like to do stuff at my level from time to time. Please don't take offence!! And please don't harass.

Finally, I would like to reiterate Dis's point. You have to learn how to do SOME stuff on your own. We are here for guidance, and to assist you from time to time - but if we do everything for you, what's the point of playing the game? What have you achieved? If you want to join an instance and can't find enough people from our guild to join you - type the following "/join lookingforgroup". Keep an eye on the channel and ask for an invite if you see an instance that interest's you, or even better - start your own group using the channel.

Finally - Finally: OK, I promise, this is my last point. If you ask for help regularly (it's ok, as long as you don't harass) be ready to return the favor by joining in on guild activities and helping guildies that are lower level than you. There's nothing I hate more than someone that constantly asks for help and never returns the favor.

From now on, if I help someone - then we have a guild activity (i.e. meeting, raid, etc..) and you’re online but don't join, or don't provide a RL explanation for your absence, you will no longer receive any help from me. I know, I know, it's harsh - but I think its fair..

Your humble Keeper,

Jardain
Back to top Go down
Taglanthas

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2006-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Important!!! READ THIS   Important!!! READ THIS Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 12:02 pm

I was one of the folk on and ready to raid whatever horde town or city we choose. Being level 43 I knew that when the raid started i would have my way with the Alliance NPCs but that as soon as the Horde folk started showing up to defend their town or city I would die a hundred horrible deaths (level 60's love mowing down level 43's and anyone signifigantly lower then they are plus everyone likes to kill a Hunter when they can) but that is when it becomes more fun.

On one of my Horde folk my guild did a raid on Astranaar and it was a hoot. This was back when he was 26 or 27ish. A few alliance folk my level and I had fun klilling each other and trtying to avoid the assorted level 60's of the opposing faction. Remember that yuor equipment takes no damge when you are killed by an opposing player so the repair bills are not that bad from a raid. Plus, and this is the big thing, it is a chance to run with guildies and have fun with them. We will be doing enough serious stuff as time goes on so a chance to blow off some steam and have fun to boot is not a bad thing.

As to the scheduling part. I also run a total of 15 characters all level 44 or working on it actively, so getting accolades for showing up for things really makes me feel good as that is what I try and do with all my characters. Guild events are a fun time. Everyone needs to find time for them from the daily monster bashing to get levels and / or equipment.

After the raid fizzled I went and helped a guildy try and get a dagger he was after in Blackfathom Deeps. Took the rest of the evenig I had available but we finally got to the end boss and beat him silly /flex - Hunters rule especially in dungeons many level lower than they are - but hey its cool to feel powerfull every now and then Cool

While I do not understand the need to get a specific weapon for a specific character, I understand that many folk find this imperative and this guy was the proper level for the instance so I assisted him. Turns out we killed the wrong Sea Monster, but hey we had some fun - got to relearn the dungeon - he got some nice items - he did all the looting as there is nothing in there I would have any use for.

And that is what a guild is all about. Hopefully when this character I helped (sorry my memmory is terrible and I do not remember your name Suspect but will when I see it in guild chat again Laughing ) sees another guildy calling for help doing something they need / want that they can assist they will. Being helpfull seems to be contagious in this game.

Will I always come to a call for help? No. There are times when I log on for only a few minutes to check one thing or another or really am focused on getting that next level - yea even us care free folk want to level every now and then tongue - or finishing some stupid green about to go white quest. But to date whenever I have helped a guildy with any of my characters (heck even when I help nonguildeis from time to time) I always end up having fun and putting a new character on my firends list.

Yea I know I ramble but it comes with age lol!

Bottom line is guilds rock - good guildmates rock harder. And scheduling events is the best way to get participation we just have to all try and be available for various guild events. They are not scheduled all that often and we can all use a break from the normal every now and then. The critters will be there tomorrow too!
Back to top Go down
Keriwen

Keriwen

PostSubject: Re: Important!!! READ THIS   Important!!! READ THIS Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 5:31 pm

I wanted to thank you guys who have replied to this with your input and the like, I am very thankful for you guys. It's nice to hear someone elses point of view and furthermore have that sense of unity when it comes to decisions and points that need to be made. Thanks again you guys.

Keri
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Important!!! READ THIS   Important!!! READ THIS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Important!!! READ THIS
Page 1 of 1