Burnt Offerings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burnt Offerings

General Discussion and News Relating to Burnt Offerings.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Courtesy, Farming, looting, helping and moneymaking.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Plumbob

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2006-10-12

Courtesy, Farming, looting, helping and moneymaking. Empty
PostSubject: Courtesy, Farming, looting, helping and moneymaking.   Courtesy, Farming, looting, helping and moneymaking. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 7:16 pm

Recently there have been some issues between guild members in regards to farming/looting. This is the kind of crap that will make things sour in the guild and screw it up.

The guild exist for the mutual benefit of everybody. It is not to secure a steady source of money or customers for things. It is understandable that certain items have a great deal of value in the AH; if your plan is to make money off of it then keep it out of guildchat and just list it. Same goes for crafted/enchants items; if you are making it to sell then keep it to yourself; if not offer it to others or send it to Gholdy. If you are in need of something made try to gather as much of the mats as possible so you are not a burden to the person who will be making/enchanting stuff for you. Also IMO it is a bit tacky to ask others to give you mats for stuff that will be used as a money making thing instead of things to level or help another guildy.

Looting & Farming As a courtesy and fairness to all in a group keep the looting at group so any green or higher items get rolled for and everyone has the same chance of looting cloths and the other non green items. If it is a BoP ALWAYS PASS and wait and see if it can be used by anyone in the gorup. Also if any other item comes up for roll and someone can use it/needs it for something pass on it so they can have it. The flip side is , don't be a hog. If you are in a group where someone makes themselves master looter or there is FFA and they are hogging everything just leave the group.

Helping Always try to help others whenever you can, don't be shy about asking for help. At the same time don't be so needy that you cannot do anything alone. This game is very soloable, except for the dungeons but you can skip those and still get to the highest levels. Also try to make groups of similarly leveled players and go have a little fun Smile If you need help on a quest state it, if you just want someone to run you through dungeons so you can farm tell the person. If someone is going to help you on a quest have the courtesy to look up or ask around on how to do it so you do not waste their time.

Courtesy
It is the oil that keeps the guild running. Do not forget the power of words like please and thank you. Also don't forget about gratitude. If poeple help you then make sure you pass on the good deed by helping others.

HAVE FUN Don't forget to have fun. Sometime people get so caught up in making gold or the next level or getting an item that they forget to have fun. If you have a fun idea or suggestion for an event take the initiative and plan something, spread the word and try it out. Most times it will not work just right the first time but that is part of the fun.

I've played long enough to see massive guilds rise and fall because of stupid stuff. So far I can say that we have a great helpful bunch; theres a few that are rough around the edges, but a good group nonetheless. I want to make sure it keeps going.

Please add all your thoughts, comments, suggestions, ideas to this. Our goal is to get a good group of 70's so we can go raiding without the hassles of PuGs or A-Holes.
Back to top Go down
Edynol

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Courtesy, Farming, looting, helping and moneymaking.   Courtesy, Farming, looting, helping and moneymaking. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 8:59 am

Well I agrre with most of what you said. But I myself sometimes sell enchants to guildies from my mage because she needs money and to raise her skill. But I always sell stuff dirt cheap for guildies. Like enchants that would normally cost 5g I sell to guildies for 2 or 3. Sometimnes I give em away for free. Asking guildies to buy stuff from ya isn't a bad thing as long as the guild doesn't become your main trade channel. I only ask members of the guild to buy stuff if I can't get anyone else to buy it.

And to add to the part about courtesy, there are already a few guildies on my bad side about this, you really should say thank you when someone helps. I myself, if I help you and you don't say thanks, don't expect me to lift a finger to help ya again.

Also if you ask for someone's help and they offer it but are in the middle of something like an instance or quest, don't shout at them to hurry up. Remember they are the ones taking the time out of their schedual to you. Why should I take the time and effort to help someone who is pushy and ungreatful when I could be spending that time questing and leveling?

There are a few in the guild, I won't name names, that have gotten on my bad side for being discourteous. Anytime they ask for my help, like a run through DM or something, I charge em gold. If I ever charge you gold for my help, then that means you've done something wrong.

Well that's my piece. Later.
Back to top Go down
Plumbob

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2006-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Courtesy, Farming, looting, helping and moneymaking.   Courtesy, Farming, looting, helping and moneymaking. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 6:44 pm

Thanks for the reply.
Discounted stuff is different and a good point; specially for high end items needed for enchants or some of the high end items from the other profs. Sometimes when people need something i can make i need to get some of the mats to do it. I think it is ok to ask for a contribution to that or to be given something different to compensate. I personally don't but that's because I can farm 50G in a few hours so it's no big deal; but when I was a lower level it was Smile

Excellent point on the hurry up thing; let's get more people to come here and read it.

Thank you for not naming names; I don't want this to turn into witchhunts. My goal for this is to establish a certain "guild manners and courtesy" since we all live in different parts of the world and are used to different customs. Hell, when I step away from southern california into other part of the country I feel like I am in a whole new world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Courtesy, Farming, looting, helping and moneymaking.   Courtesy, Farming, looting, helping and moneymaking. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Courtesy, Farming, looting, helping and moneymaking.
Page 1 of 1